Weather

Trung

Advanced Member
Take very extra care. This is my first time driving in snow with a powerful car and even slightest mistake could mean bad results. Last year I almost lost it on a 1.0l Micra :shock: and that was going around a bend at 15mph.

BE VERY CAREFULL :!:

JOM

Advanced Member
Yeah,

took me 1hr to travel 1/2 a mile down the motorway on the way into work this morning due to a car that had spun on the motorway.

lets hope it has all gone by the weekend.

James

Trung

Advanced Member
Its snowing heavily in Essex now.

TAKE EXTRA CARE!!

I almost spun it whilst traveling home from work today at only 12mph around the bend.

Again DRIVE VERY, VERY SLOWLY!!

JOM

Advanced Member
Snow all gone down here in Kent, lets just hope it does not snow on top of any ice that could be around overnight.

No Vtec-ing for a few days.. :xno:

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
yeah, had 3 to 4 inches here this evening.

It took Anna nearly 4 hours to get home from work :( I have done london to Newcastle in less time! :oops:

DC51VTC

Advanced Member
Do the Highways Agency not watch the same weather progs as me or do they just ignore them? :evil: We had no more than an inch or so of snow this morn and then another inch max this after. Lo and behold, the city comes to a standstill and it takes me an hour and a half to drive the three miles home. Why? Accident, I hear you suggest. No, I answer... The f**kin' roads have not been treated. One inch of snow laid on quarter inch frozen sludge = gridlock (Not particularly nice when trying to feed 220 ps through two front wheels either btw). Take care all. Roll on Saturday.. :) :D

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Right,that was fun

Just got back in, took us over 1 hour to do about 1/3 mile back home. Anna was in her 65bhp clio diesel, I was on foot. Nearly all the roads were not gritted and we live on some pretty steep hills. The crux is - we live just around the block from the local A&E and the road to that was NOT gritted!! I helped a couple in front get their car into A&E, their little one had appedicitus :(

Anyway, the local council will be reciving a rather acidic letter from me :evil: this is not the first year they have done this either :(

There are some times I wish I had my scooby again!! :wink: Teg is staying locked up until this thaws!

JOM

Advanced Member
Got called into work earlier whilst there couple of inches of snow fell.

Did I

1) Drive home in the Teg risking possible damage in the snow

2) Park the Teg niceand safe in the work carpark - drive home in the works car not worried as not my insurance

:wink:

James

AndyBITR

Advanced Member
Easy.............answer number 2).

The Teg is an absolute :xno: in the snow.

Interestingly enough, the DC2 wasn't as bad. :-k

Caroline

ps2london said:
Yeah!!!!!!!!!! driving safe everyone. take great care of women driver!!!!

Franz
:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

A friend of mine had an interview in london yesterday and her flight home was cancelled. The problem is that she has another interview in Galway today and she cant get home!!

ps2london

Advanced Member
Franz[/quote]

:evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil: :x :evil:

quote]

sorry Caroline, just joking, ofcouse DC5 Lady driver are not included :p