Weird headlight issue

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
So, basically my cars headlights have a mind of their own, they seem to want to take turns on which one lights up.
I had tried swapping out the bulbs but the issue remained, and just now I fitted led headlight bulbs to remove the HID's from the equation only to find the bulbs still have a mind of their own.

I switch the lights on and you see a flash from one side whilst the other lights up, switch off then on again and then they reverse rolls or sometimes stay the same...occasionally I will get both come on
any ideas? could it be relay issues?

SamDC5

Advanced Member
bxlyheathsupra said:
So, basically my cars headlights have a mind of their own, they seem to want to take turns on which one lights up.
I had tried swapping out the bulbs but the issue remained, and just now I fitted led headlight bulbs to remove the HID's from the equation only to find the bulbs still have a mind of their own.

I switch the lights on and you see a flash from one side whilst the other lights up, switch off then on again and then they reverse rolls or sometimes stay the same...occasionally I will get both come on
any ideas? could it be relay issues?
Sounds like dodgy relays to me mate, track the relays down and confirm that the voltage is coming off the relay

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Sounds like a poor connection rather than relay.. check the earthing points on the chasis legs for corrosion. Check all the connections over. (Easy to do that first than hunting down relays )

SamDC5

Advanced Member
Loose connections are rare unless the connectors have been played about with. Unplug the connectors and check the pins, see if you're getting voltage. If you're getting voltage off the relay consistently you know it's between the relay and the headlight.

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
He has hence why I mentioned it. If he's been chooping and changing its bound to be something in that area I would have thought. Not only that the number of times ive seen issues resolved with a good earth connection its worth a shout :)

When you say LEDs...do you mean your main dipped beam or sidelights?

bxlheathsupra

Advanced Member
Hi my main dipped beams.. had to cut and solder some connectorw on to fit the led bulbs so im pretty sure they are connected well. Could be an earth issue i guess.. ill have a play with my earths and aee how it goes.. although touch wood ive been driving around tonight with no issues