Weird Starting Issue

jimmy_atr

Advanced Member
Went to start car this morning (garaged and 10am so not overly cold) and it sounded bit lethargic and when it did start it was very lumpy and idling at 600rpm - then the CEL came on :shock:

I turned it off and then started her up again and rev'd it a little and it came back to life at around 1800rpm but with CEL on. I was off out so didnt get chance to take a fault code reading - so i reset ecu by removing fuse and then started her up again - started up fine. Took her for a spin and then tried to start her again, all fine. Been using it today and no problems since.

Off top of my head only thing i can think of it that i had to top her up with £10 of shitty morrisons 97 ron stuff. This was to get me the v-power garage (10miles away) but i got sidetracked yesterday and forgot so was running on this for 2 days and gauge was near empty. Im thinking it was running on this shitty fuel and didnt like it especially off the dregs? i went and filled her up with some v-power now right to top and will keep an eye out but has anyone else had something like this? and can cheap crap petrol have this affect?

Project

Advanced Member
Yes the cheap stuff will affect your idle, stay away from it as ours cars arent even supposed to be using the 99ron so 97ron isnt good at all, i'd rather run out of petrol than put that stuff in (which happened once before) :D
Car manufacturers build their engines to take an average of 5ron lower than it is supposed to.
:xsmachbottom: dont do it again :lol: