Well, New Clutch Fitted... Smiley Happy Face!!

Woppywop

Advanced Member
As some of you may remember, I was taking the TEG down to TGM yesterday to have a new clutch and thermostat fitted.

Arrived at 8:30 after a 2 ish hour drive, introduced myself to Tom and handed over the key.

To past the time me and my pal decided to run the gaunlet (which is that bloody main road) down to Harvester for a full breakfast, not bad for £6 and free re-fills on your tea (do like me tea).

4 hours later after realising how much I hated the company of my friend for more than 30 minutes we headed back, spoke to Tom for bit, paid up and went on our way back to sunny (I say that lightly) Coventry.

The TEG feels totally different, smoother, more responsive, pulling to temp (like it should be), just great! Couldn't be happier!

Anyway the plan was to sell once this had been done for, a diesel (yes I was going to the dark side) but on drive back I just fell in love with it, again! The fuel consumption has improved so much! In the time I've owned the car I can't remember seeing more than 270-280 to a full tank, I'm now on 342 with a quarter left.

Basically what I'm trying to say is, I just can't sell it, I feel like a newbie again who's just picked up my new car so, evening, my name Ross :xgrin:

Big thanks to Tom and team down at TGM, and to you lot for the recommendation! Will be visiting TGM again!

tico_87

Advanced Member
If you decide to sell it pm me with info etc..as I'm on the look for a DC5.

coyote_dc5

Administrator
Staff member
Never heard a clutch change make that much difference but hey good for you. Strange how its improved your economy so much too, must have been slipping like mad before surely?

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Never heard a clutch change make that much difference but hey good for you. Strange how its improved your economy so much too, must have been slipping like mad before surely?
Yeah to be honest it was slipping a fair bit, especially when accelerating hard from 1st and 2nd, normal driving wasn't overly bad but really it was the faulty thermostat which was the main reason for the bad economy. It was struggling to get up to temp. If I was waiting in a line of traffic it would get up to 90 but start moving, it would drop to practically nothing, then go up again, then down, then up and so on. That would be on long and short journeys so basically over fuelling.

With that and the clutch, well let's just say I was on first name terms with the local petrol station!

As TGM were a fair trek away I took it to Honda but they just couldn't find any fault, they said to start with the lower rad pipe, possibly blocked, cheapest option (apparently). Turned out to be Thermostat which Honda quoted me double the price from what Tom quoted.

Anyway all seems good now :)

alan-lee

Advanced Member
what clutch you go for mate?

i got this same feeling after i put anything into the car, thats why i buy the things i want in stages, gives me a new love every so often! glad your loving the teg again!

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Strange how its improved your economy so much too
Not long woke up and was thinking about what you said.... I was thinking it's not that much difference in economy, what's he on about?

I've now realised that I should of put 312, not 342, not sure how i managed that one, fast typing and chubby fingers I think :)

Kizer

Advanced Member
Hey bud, glad to hear you will not be departing with the Teg just yet! Good decision, amazing what a clutch change can do!!

I think my Teg would have felt a little lonely being the only 1 in Coventry.

So hopefully see you around the mean streets..... :xgrin:

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
Wouldn't the 2 hour drive each way to TGM and back explain the improved mileage from the current tank?

or have you refilled since the work was carried out and you have been doing your usual driving routes?

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Wouldn't the 2 hour drive each way to TGM and back explain the improved mileage from the current tank?

or have you refilled since the work was carried out and you have been doing your usual driving routes?
You see I thought that at first but I've done a fair bit of long distance driving in it and never seen that return.

Going to see how I get on over the coming weeks, keep you posted.

Kizer

Advanced Member
LoL - Gone from what I thought would be 1 teg to 3..........the more the merrier I say :D

Mine will be roaming the streets on a more regular basis once this weather picks up :rolleyes: ........I wonder if there are any more tegs in Cov we dont know about :unsure: . Im from Holbrooks b19twg(yes the darker side of Coventry, lol), good to know there is a further addition to the Cov teg count!!!!!