Wet roof lining

kyle'87

Advanced Member
Only been on the forum for a year and not seen anyone with a wet roof lining before, normally it is the carpet.

I would be removing the A pillar and pulling the lining back to see where it is coming from, hopefully it is fairly local to that spot that is wet.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Does it have a rear washer jet? Seen that before on here. Leaking pipe as it runs through the roof, and the hose splits in the cold. ;)

If not, check around the windscreen at the top for any sealer thats split and cracked.

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Nah it's a pikey B pack so no rear wash wipe but it is faster as it's more streamlined.

I'll take the A Pillar off tomorrow and have a look if I'm not too hungover.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Nah it's a pikey B pack so no rear wash wipe but it is faster as it's more streamlined.

I'll take the A Pillar off tomorrow and have a look if I'm not too hungover.
Hahaha snap.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I would say if it's not a c pack then more than likely coming from the windscreen rubber or possibly the tip of the door seal not seated. correctly mate

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Well this still isn't solved, I'll have a proper look on Saturday.

I would say if it's not a c pack then more than likely coming from the windscreen rubber or possibly the tip of the door seal not seated. correctly mate
What difference is there if it's a c or b pack mate? Surely everything around that area is the same?

Condensation ???

T.G.
Hmm, I did think this but I'd have thought it would have dried out on the drive to Brands and back but it hasn't. It also seems concentrated on one area.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Well this still isn't solved, I'll have a proper look on Saturday.

What difference is there if it's a c or b pack mate? Surely everything around that area is the same?
No they are the same, what I meant was that if it's not a C pack (with the rear washer pipe potentially being there and leaking) then it's more than likely to be coming in from the windscreen rubber or a badly seated door seal imo

phillll

Advanced Member
Chris. said:
Hi chaps. Just noticed the roof lining in my teg is wet. Is this a common thing?

Did you find the problem causing this mate?
Mine was wet this morning, along with the floor being a bit damp!

Not surprised after the horrific amounts of rain recently, hah!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
No mate, I haven't as I keep forgetting. The car is at TGM over the next few weeks so I may ask them to take a look for me.

phillll

Advanced Member
No problem. I'm guessing mine will be the screen seal as it's top and bottom.
Will tigerseal the hell out of it over the weekend and hairdryer the floor :(

phillll

Advanced Member
Ripped apart the car this evening and i'm guessing this is what yours will look like too Chris.
Guessing it must need the window resealing?

Took the A-Pillar off and ended up with a nice puddle on my lap!

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Looks similar, I doubt I'll have time to check it before it goes to TGM. I'm picking it up tomorrow, then off to the Rugby as soon as I get home. First thing on Sunday I'm off to a meet then dropping it off in Fleet.