What a mistake to make exhaust wise!,

osiras

Advanced Member
Ok, so was told my current exhaust was restricting my engine (izegan manifold back) and that it could be collapsed inside. It's been on there 10 years, so possible.
So for some reason I thought I'd experiment with it , with the goal of having it tweaked kpro wise.
Got the silencer/middle box removed, all ok. But, and I guess most of you guys are laughing at this point, don't worry i deserve it lol. It's stupid loud, just ridiculously loud, and that's before vtec.

What are my options now? I was considering Powerflow just to redo the back section with a less restrictive silencer? God knows

brucey87

Advanced Member
lol i tried getting rid of the midsection with my spoon n1 backbox. it was stuipid loud as you say. id just use a powerflow mid section if i was in your shoes, then see what its like. if not try a whole new system maybe?

osiras

Advanced Member
Hey, thanks for the quick reply. I think that's the best option. What do you recommend silence wise?

brucey87

Advanced Member
well i would try to avoid going for a powerflow silencer. i think it could make your car sound a bit cheap and too raspy. im not sure if they are restrictive or not as i dont know of any on a dc5. i know spoon n1 silencers are not very restrictive so could look out for one of those but they are fairly loud.

brucey87

Advanced Member
haha. may be worth just getting that powerflow centre section in then and see what its like with your current silencer. cant see it being too restrictive to be honest. did you meen you have a 5zigan exhaust? if so which type?

osiras

Advanced Member
Lol, what a mess.
Regretably I have no idea what 5zigan exhaust it is. It came with the car when it was imported. The Powerflow may be the only way for now. It can't be more raspy than it is now surely? Lol

brucey87

Advanced Member
i had a cat back powerflow exhaust made up for my old astra and i hated it. just no real exhaust note and way too raspy but then it was cheap so get what you pay for. would of thought powerflow midsection mated to your 5zigen silencer should be fine though mate. would defo go for the 5zigen silencer over a powerlow anyday.

osiras

Advanced Member
Sorry, getting confused l do you mean my original silencer,or the silencer/backbox I haven their now.

brucey87

Advanced Member
sorry meant use powerflow midsection to quiet it down a bit and keep on your original 5zigen backbox

osiras

Advanced Member
Sounds wise to me. Thank you for your advice. It's appreciated.
Still annoyed with myself for not leaving it alone lol!!
Thanks again.

brucey87

Advanced Member
Lol dont worry, i went through a stage of trying out different things with exhausts. Nothing wrong with trying things out but straight through mid section makes it a whole lot louder. Lol. Good luck with it.

timp

Advanced Member
why dont you see what people are getting rid of in the for sale, a system will come up in time you can count on that, when you say mid section i take it from the cat to the back section? Are you still running a cat, what header do you have? I had a toda cat back and made no real increase in noise when the spoon header went on it was stupid lucky that was a two peice so the cat went back in. The gain without the cat was so small it wasn't worth the noise