What a nightmare!

Nat

Ok I am not a happy bunny - finally got my car back from the garage and to say they did a bad job is a understatement - firstoff all the tracking (i think) is not right as if i go 40mph+ the steering wheel shakes like mad then at 60mph+ the whole car is shaking - i picked car up on Sat so am taking it back tomorrow to get them to sort it out. Also they have played with the vtec controller and I cant get the screen back to normal. Overall it is now horrible to drive - the vetc isn't how it was and the guy said to me 'i have not seen one before so had a play but am not sure what i am doing therefore cannot get it back to how it was' - which i think is bang out of order as he shouldn't have played with it.

Does anyone know how i stand legally as the car is a mess now and they were paid a lot of money to fix it but it is not a good job?

Ok rant over.... :(

Nat

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Legally Nat, I am not too sure where you stand.

Was it a Honda dealership or "dangerous dave down the arches"?

IMHO you have entered into a contract with the garage to carry out work for you which you would then pay for. The garage have caused more problems by the sound of this and from what you are saying "played" around with your car. If the problems they have caused are as bad as you say then you must confront them and offer them the chance to put the car right, free of charge. If you don't do this then you will find it hard to take any legal action against them as you have not given them a chance to put right their wrong.

All IMHO of course!

Nat

Well I am about to go tp the garage and am taking my dad with me as he used to be a mechanic and knows what he is talking about - also I felt as I am a young woman they were taking advantage and my dad is a big bloke so maybe they wont now!!!! :wink:

will let you know what happens!

Nat

Ok - good news!

I got my dad to ring them up and I am taking car over tomorrow and they are going to sort the tracking out for me - been noticing bits all over car now - dent on passenger door etc etc.

Hopefully (fingers crossed) they will sort it all out for me.

The only thing that concerns me now is the Vtec controller as it is all messed up and they didn't know what they was doing!

I missed the last meet due to my car being in garage so hopefully i will not miss the next one!! :lol: