What anti roll bars are you using....

C2AXG

Advanced Member
Anyone have any input on these understated mods?
What are you using and what are your experiences over oem.

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
Not done them on the DC5 yet, but on the EP3 I ran Nuespeed 24mm rear with subframe support, and a Tanabe 28mm front.

Transformed the ep3. Rear bar alone virtually irradicated lift off oversteer on turn in, front helped lose some understeer on exit. Confidence it gives you is great.

Only issue is on uneven road, it can feel exaggerated if there's a bump on one side, as the roll bar is stronger, there's much less give / flex.

I fully plan on doing them again, as soon as I get the car how I want it :)

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

paul 16v

Advanced Member
I have a progress 24mm rear one.. and its surprising the difference they make to a already excellent handling car..

Dan34

Advanced Member
I have cusco front and rear. Its debatable weather a front is needed really as you could just up the spring rates but it works well for me.

Alexander0628

Advanced Member
Just put a cusco rear anti roll bar on mine, I suspose only on track would the major diffence be compared, but I would say on the road car feels more planted. Wouldn't bother with the front unless your mindset on changing both, from what I read up, the anti roll bars on the jdm dc5 are pretty solid anyway, and no real noticeable upgrade can be found from changing the front if you only use the teg as a road car.

Again happily be proved wrong but that's just what I made out from looking through old threads and posts. All comes down how hard you push your car.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
if i get another teg then i would look at suspension again in more detail, when i was doing TA i ran with std antiroll bars but suspension was special HKS hypermax pro and was S O L I D , really it was too hard for our tracks and even on full soft the spring rate was typically suited to japans super smooth roads and circuits, having softer springs means the dampers can do more but to control bodyroll in the corners uprated antiroll bars are a must , watch the btcc cars when they hit the kerbs, they can absorb the bumps without losing control,

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
if i get another teg then i would look at suspension again in more detail, when i was doing TA i ran with std antiroll bars but suspension was special HKS hypermax pro and was S O L I D , really it was too hard for our tracks and even on full soft the spring rate was typically suited to japans super smooth roads and circuits, having softer springs means the dampers can do more but to control bodyroll in the corners uprated antiroll bars are a must , watch the btcc cars when they hit the kerbs, they can absorb the bumps without losing control,
Interesting post.

I've mentioned after getting my geo setup that the car still feels soft and a few have mentioned this is possibly down to the Goodyears and the Eibach's which are supposedly a soft spring.

I'm wondering if perhaps some uprated anti-roll bars might be worth a blast, especially on the rear as that is where the car feels looser especially under heavy braking or when I turn into a bend sharply at speed.

Are Cusco the best on the market or do they all do a job?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
cusco should be pretty decent but there are other brands, maybe whiteline do one ? watch out for fronts though as the rsx ones arnt long enough

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Thanks Simon.

I'd likely only go for the rear. Whiteline do one for £160 which isn't bad compared to the Cusco ones which are nearer £250.

Definitely something to bear in mind for the future especially if it perks up the handling. Did I read somewhere as well that TGM don't use them on their race cars, or on the front at least?

Linus27

Advanced Member
Crazylegs, I read that also but I think its because they run coilovers and so uprated ones are not needed. I could be wrong :)

dotty

Advanced Member
I had progress rear and Cusco front on my Teg, along with eibach coilovers. It handled great... Nearly as great as my stock suspension (for now) FD2.

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Crazylegs said:
Thanks Simon.

I'd likely only go for the rear. Whiteline do one for £160 which isn't bad compared to the Cusco ones which are nearer £250.

Definitely something to bear in mind for the future especially if it perks up the handling. Did I read somewhere as well that TGM don't use them on their race cars, or on the front at least?
they didnt on the old dc5's but the spring rates were pretty stiff, same as mine so not really needed, but dont forget theres a big difference between a full race car and a road car, solid mounted engine etc

Linus27

Advanced Member
Si
C&S Evo7 said:
they didnt on the old dc5's but the spring rates were pretty stiff, same as mine so not really needed, but dont forget theres a big difference between a full race car and a road car, solid mounted engine etc
Simon, Tom is going to fit some Spoon springs and do a fast road setup to my DC5 soon. I use it for road and track. As its not going to have coil overs, is it worth me getting an uprated rear ARB at the same time?

dotty

Advanced Member
Linus27 said:
Si
Simon, Tom is going to fit some Spoon springs and do a fast road setup to my DC5 soon. I use it for road and track. As its not going to have coil overs, is it worth me getting an uprated rear ARB at the same time?
For sure.