what are best brake pads to buy?

matdc5

When i sold my DC2 6 months later i bought a DC5. Having heard the newer model came with BREMBO brakes i was quite excited as the brakes on DC2 are awesome, but sometimes when i brake hard on the DC5, the car judders? i spoke to my local Honda gargage and they said they couldnt find anything wrong with it. Surely the brakes are supposed to be better on the DC5? My mate suggests the pads mite not be brembos, is it worth gettin standard pads or upgrading to sumthing else? heard mugen pads are poor?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Have a search around mate, most ex-DC2 owners (including me) feel the brakes on the DC5 just aren't up to the same level as the DC2's. I have Mintex 1144 pads on mine, which certainly improve the bite, but they ain't cheap. I also had them on my DC2, which stopped a bit better... :roll:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Ferodo DS2500 are good to Celox on her can get them for 86inc vat give him a shout.

Though if standard ones are adequte for you they are very cheap from any honda dealer on their honda happiness thingy

matdc5

nice one guys, how much are the mintex 1144 pads tho lockwood77? when you say expensive....how expensive are they mate??

celox performance

Advanced Member
I can get the Ferodo DS2500 and they're £86 inc vat & delivery for the fronts :D

I've been using these for over 2 years on both road & track cars and they are a very good pad. If you want any send me a pm.

neil_integra

Advanced Member
The DC2 brakes would put you through the window. When i got the DC5 i was very disapointed with the brembo setup.
After a trip to TGM with new brembo fluid, braided brake lines and new endless pads the car stops like it should. Its great now and will stop on a sixpence. Although that didnt help me getting T boned by a saxo.

redcap

Advanced Member
The problem might be that someone has fitted pads that are too hard a compound for the standard set up? They may be gazed? the disc's may be worn/hot spotted? it also depends how hard they were on the brakes (driving style). You can decrease the performance just as easily as improve it.

I have found that the OEM stuff is good for road use, the Brembo's are a bit better than they were on my EP3.

If your going on track maybe an upgrade is needed? My car has endless lines and all other parts are OEM Brembo, It good enough for me. The OEM stuff is now very reasonably priced too.