What are these parts under bonnet and behind bumper?

p1tse

Advanced Member
1. This spring piece but has a wire underneath

2. This black round thing behind bumper near the front air ducts. Thinking of unbolting for the por15 treatment

-Birdy-

Advanced Member
The spring piece will be part of the alarm system to detect if the bonnet is open or shut.

The second item looks like the horn I believe.

p1tse

Advanced Member
Thanks

I've noticed some don't have the spring on pic 1

Think I'll undo pic 2 to give better access

Johngreen537

Advanced Member
The spring could well be internal mate. If it works, don't worry :)

If you want to test it, pull the bonnet release, arm the alarm, then lift the bonnet fully.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

p1tse

Advanced Member
Not worried, just intrigued as before I've seen some on others and some without, then thought more about it as it has a wire underneath lol

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Its the alarm, just pull the crimp off, it won't harm you or the car, I turned mine round as the front side had gone rusty, haha just span it round but i need a new one.

All cars will be different as all cars will have aftermarket alarms fitted with different people putting things in different places.

Mine i had to move when i changed to facelift headlights and it doesn't quite make contact when the bonnet is shut. Had a spate of the alarm going off on windy days since, but ive still yet to find a new location for it....or an alternative fitting.

Jinis dust

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Its the alarm, just pull the crimp off, it won't harm you or the car, I turned mine round as the front side had gone rusty, haha just span it round but i need a new one.

All cars will be different as all cars will have aftermarket alarms fitted with different people putting things in different places.

Mine i had to move when i changed to facelift headlights and it doesn't quite make contact when the bonnet is shut. Had a spate of the alarm going off on windy days since, but ive still yet to find a new location for it....or an alternative fitting.
Off subject I know.

But you could always put a little rubber washer on top of the Spring bit or under the bonnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Jinis dust said:
Off subject I know.

But you could always put a little rubber washer on top of the Spring bit or under the bonnet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ive tried countless ways of trying to get something to balance on top or be fixed on position, but because of the height, it's just too flimsy and doesn't last. lol

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
Not sure which alarm you have, but on mine it was a plastic top piece and wasn't high enough. I tapped a thread and fitted a screw and nut to keep it secure.