What backboxes mate up to a Toda mid-pipe?

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Seems the baffles in my Toda backbox are on the way out and to avoid trackday noise limit trouble, I'm considering replacing it. However, the mid-pipe is fine, having had a new silencer welded on last year (which also has the benefit of killing a bit more noise), so I only really want a backbox, not a cat-back.

Does anybody know for certain what else (if anything) will definitely fit the Toda mid-pipe? I know for a fact the OEM one doesn't!

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Why not just get the baffles sorted on the back box?

I might have a spare Toda back box in the garage, though I think the baffles are nearly gone on that to, but might tie you over, or at least allow you to get the baffles sorted on the spare one.

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Sorry mate just checked and it's the mid section I have, forgot the toda has 3 sections. #-o

Best bet would be to get the baffles fixed, buy a toda back box or have a custom back box made

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Thanks for looking mate - I seem to remember people with a similar problem a while ago saying that it's not worth the expense of cutting/re-welding the backbox. Maybe that was before the plummet in the exchange rate though!

Custom is an option, I am pretty happy with the custom silencer on the mid-section - means I have to stop being a brand-whore and go down the Saxo chav route though! :wink:

tron2k3

Advanced Member
Well owning an Evo most people think I'm a chav anyway so join the club :lol:

You could go for a Magnex Oval or DTM Styleeeeeeeeeeeeeee :-k

lockwood77

Advanced Member
I'll get down the exhaust place when I get chance, see what they say. I've heard it ain't the cheapest thing to do, but then buying a new one isn't either!

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
let me know how it goes... mine sounds like something is rattling, I'm assuming my mid box baffles gone unless its the back box thing? It still drives fine but annoys the customers in the rear ;)

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Turns out the baffles are fine and it's just a bracket on top of the backbox, could be the same in yours?