What colour to wrap my dc5?!

cfoster

Advanced Member
Ive been umming and aaaring whether to do it but pretty much decided that I want to wrap the Teg in a different colour. I know the vinyl wrapping lark is not to everybodys taste but i'm on my third DC5 now, first one being black, then white and currently white so fancy a bit of a change. Its also my daily so should help protect the paint over the wintry months. I do it myself so cost isnt a problem, so can always take it off if i'm bored, its just deciding what blimmin colour to do it!! My other car (Merc sl500) is matt grey so dont want to do the same, its either got to be something really lairy like orange (my wheels are EP3's in black) or something subtle like matt white? Dont want to go the matt black route as it scratches very easily, and i'm fedup wrapping cars in satin black!!

Any suggestions?! Here is the colour range I have to choose from....

http://www.williamsmith.co.uk/uploads/documents/3M_1080_Series_Colour_Card.pdf

Cheers
Chris

Mark_teg

Staff member
Personally I think champ white is the only white for a teg.
I was going to suggest matt black, but how about the purple that's popular with (R32??) skylines?

will88

I always thaught 1 might look nice in phoenix yellow(bright yellow on that chart) or the military green could look quite tough!

G Man

Advanced Member
Lamborghini metallic grey. Someone on here had their's painted that colour and it looks awesome, the guy from Malaysia I think?

cfoster

Advanced Member
g Man - exactly mate if it looks crap I can just take it off and swallow the couple of hundred in vinyl..... Matt orange sounds tempting with gloss black roof/wheels etc..

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I like the idea of full carbon too but would rather stay with the black. The full carbon Zonda looks absolutely stunning. Having said that, a Zonda could be dipped in poo and still look good :xlol:

Next choice would be Anthracite but granted it looks like the Merc. Which is nice by the way :)

I also like the dark red