What Colour Wheels?

hsvgtsuk

I've got a set of Accord Type R wheels, as a set of spare / alternatives. However, they aren't in great condition, so I am in the middle of refurbing them.

Now the problem.....

What colour should I do them?

I have seen various alternatives on here; The obvious Championship White, Black, Gold and Silver.

However, I was also thinking if something slightly different: Red or maybe light metallic grey.

Has anyone tried either of these, or are there any other ideas? Pictures on a postcard.......!

moggs

Advanced Member
On a white car i think dark colours look good, anthracite would look cool.

I take it your teg has white wheels now? so you wouldn't want the same.
Post a pic of the wheels so we can see!
Silver looks boring i think. Go dark, I am biased tho.

Ross Larkin

orange is the way to go.

Be daring and go for orange or kawasaki green! It's good enough for 911's !! Would look fab but is a risk. My friend has a white evo 6 and did his wheels orange and people love it and he thought people would hate it.

redcap

Advanced Member

One Livvy posted in another thread, i like the idea of a lairy colour but i'm not sure whether you can pull it off? Red could work but the style of wheel could be a big influence in whether it would work.

Got me thinking about doing my wheels orange on my arctic blue. :shock:

Frazdog

Advanced Member
can any 1 show a pic of what red wheels would look like? I had a thot about that, the old 911 GT3 styleee!! :p
I think you should go for something different, although black wheels with the polished rim do look good!!

tara

Advanced Member
Seen you go around at Trax yesterday 8) i was parked just in front of the HOT stand as you head towards the trade stands :wink:

hsvgtsuk

Not only do the style of the wheels matter, but so too does the colour of red. Tried it in a "bright" red, but it was too much. The idea was 911 GT3 RS style, but I'm not sure I've got the balls to pull it off!!

Now have them in Peugeot Cossac Grey (mid metallic grey). Much better.

Love the idea of lairy coloured wheels, but I get enough looks as it is now (think thats down to my uncommonly ugly mug rather than the car! Chuckle).