What could be putting people off?

emmsyDC5xx

Advanced Member
kevinjwiles said:
Hey Thanks all for the replies :) Any tips for writing a good advert then? I am a bit of a newbie haha
Yes go sit down, look how other people have laid out there adverts (DONT copy them!) and write your own advert for your car.

No one is going to do it for you & perhaps just bare in mind that potential owners are going to look up your posts on here and think your a bit of a joker and not serious as you post up umpteen posts just being abit daft really - they're not going to want to come and view It are they?

Also better pics will help. Perhaps just be more serious and less daft?

It's a lovely looking teg with perhaps the colour against it a bit but it will sell.

Erm

Advanced Member
The main problem with it is that most people who want the blue paint also want the more desirable and rare blue interior

You'll always be fighting a losing battle with another seller with a similar blue teg that has the blue interior IMO

Foo King Kwik

Advanced Member
2 owners in 4 months doesnt help you much either. I dont think it'll sell on here to be honest, just keep it.

wantadc5

Advanced Member
my teg didn't sell on this forum after 8 months....stuck it on autotrader, sold it that week...

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Why not trade it in a garage. Aren't you after a diesel for work or am I imagining things?

Might have to take a hit on it though that's the only thing.

Rom

Advanced Member
Ok, ill chime in, as a recent buyer myself.

I dismissed yours primarily because of the colour. Then because of the advert / what i had read on here. That you had only recently had it, but the advert reads like youve had it a long time. Just seems off. The fact its washed and waxed regularly...by who ? Youve just got it, see what we mean ?

These are not cars which you can expect to sell quick. There has to be someone looking for it, and yours has to be the one they want. This isnt a car i think many people would settle on. Its either the one they want, or its not.

Owners forums (in general, not just here) are good and bad for buying and selling cars. They generally reach like minded enthusiasts, who will pay for the right car. They offer sometimes better cars, as they have been cared for, often have a build thread to show history etc.
But like wise, the buyers are here because they are clued up, or in the process of getting clued up. They didnt come here like people go to Auto Trader.

You need to write another ad, better pictures, widen your audience. Your desperate to get rid of it, so go spend £30 or whatever Auto Trader is these days. Get it on Gumtree, Trade It, Pistonheads, these will get linked by many other sites. Trovit being one. The more places the better.

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
You reek of desperation.... This is hilarious

Good luck with the sale buddy but you have done yourself no favours with your advert, your 30 minute ownership and your love of starting many a new thread. Let this be a lesson to you in future!!

But good luck selling

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
I appreciate the owners might be an issues. Like you touched upon I came on here to learn about the DC5 after always wanting one, I am a complete non car guy!

If it looks nice then I am a Happy bunny so to speak, sometimes things don't pan out in terms of owning a car. I got offered a new role and can't refuse the chance to grow my career (which I am sure most of you would do the same)

Barbecue of cash or lack of I either need to sell her for money for a flat (well contribution) or money for a diesel which I can just clock up silly miles on!

I do get the ownership issue though and know I have asked a lot of questions some stupid as and some not so much but you only learn I guess.

Thanks for all the advice anyway!

The advert is now re-written, I am looking to get her Mot'ed if she doesn't sell on eBay and then will also get some new images. I am going to add information about services & the import documentation.

If nothing else I have been honest about my reasons behind selling the car and have been honest with anyone who has got in touch with me which some sellers are not.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Hi Kevin

As said I will be in touch (tonight or tomorrow) but as mentioned above can confirm my suspicions are mainly around number of owners in total and the fact the car has been sold by its previous owner to you in a short ownership period and now your looking to sell It very quickly.

I also ideally wanted a DC5 in Blue with Blue interior but am considering others but there are concerns around this one I would like to be certain about before considering viewing as its so far from me.

Can you please email me decent hi res pics of the cars engine bay, interios (showing all seat bolsters) rear archers (showing any rust) etc.

Also you say something flew off the car from around the windscreen, has this been found/replaced or now a part required?

Do you know who imported the car and when inc when the MPH conversion was done (do all documents tally up to prove the mileage from the import documents to the current MOT)?

Also I would never buy a car without a fresh MOT on it (Tax is not a problem) but an MOT from a reputable business is a 100% requirement imo and is something I always have offered to add to any car I am selling for a new owners peace of mind.

I have seen in previous posts from the old owner it had a number of small(ish) issues and one was a crunch in 2nd gear, is this still present?

Thanks in advance

Carl
PS only concerned about short ownership periods as these cars are very specific and people only buy them with an aim to keeping them and so 2 owners within a year always sends alarm bells ringing to a potential purchaser.

Ezza

Advanced Member
Kevin, i had just checked your advert on eBay and there has been no noticeable improvements to the original. Also, did you get the central locking issue fixed?

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Really? So because I am an enthusiast it means I have to know about mechanics?

Carl

Thanks for your comments the only reason I am selling is due to a career promotion in London I live in Warwickshire which forces sale.

Feel free to DM me your email address and I shall send some more pictures as soon as possible. The part which came off was one of the covers on the windscreen which has not been replaced atm.

The car was imported in 2005 and converted at the same time, I am happy to get the car MOTED although it won't be done via TGM but a local garage.

I have not noticed any crunches to be honest, I am happy to meet you half way and you can test drive the car for yourself and see I have nothing to hide with the car and the reason for sale is genuine.

wj51fut

Advanced Member
kevinjwiles said:
Really? So because I am an enthusiast it means I have to know about mechanics?
Not being funny but what are you an enthusiast in?

You keep saying your a 'noob' at a lot of things. I'm not starting an argument but you really don't help yourself.

Personally I would just trade it in. Unfortunately you have made your mark on this forum. I never want to drive people away but I think you know where I'm coming from.

Cut your losses and trade it in for something cheaper to run as you say. I think you will really struggle to sell it on here.

GLWTS though

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
No worries everyone can have there view. However just because I asked a lot of questions does that instantly mean the car I am trying to sell is rubbish?

If anyone came to view my car they would see it runs 100% fine and has no issues. People are starting to make it out like I am trying to shift a shed...

Stuarty

Advanced Member
kevinjwiles said:
If anyone came to view my car they would see it runs 100% fine and has no issues. People are starting to make it out like I am trying to shift a shed...
You're doing that all by yourself I'm afraid. As said before you sound desperate and its not doing you any favours.

Ezza

Advanced Member
kevinjwiles said:
No . People are starting to make it out like I am trying to shift a shed...
I think its more to do with the lack of effort put into your advert that is doing the damage