What could be putting people off?

ste01

Advanced Member
I'm not saying your car is bad or judging you from your many threads...but if you really want to sell the car....How about you just start being honest writing the advert?

Say you've only had it a few weeks.

Say you made a mistake buying it when you were possibly relocating.

Admit you don't know much about DC5s, but just the say the truth about the car for what YOU know, and mention the positives that made you want it and why it's a good car.

Don't say about regularly washing it and vpower....you've had it such a short time. Doesn't add up or matter.

And why list all the service history and things, that just highlights that the brakes were last done 4+ years ago and things like that.

bennn

Advanced Member
http://civictype-r.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?f=88&t=273493

As an example the above is the link to the advert I did when I sold my EP3. Should give you an idea of how to put together a half decent ad.

You'll note I've put good quality pictures of all angles of the car as it stood at the time of sale (rather than a collection of mismatched pictures).

The car was sold 2 days after I advertised it and I only advertised on the forum.

Obviously it helped that I'd priced it well and it was a good car but I imagine having a more detailed advert worked in my favour as I did get a fair few enquiries.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
To be fair on you I can't believe you haven't flipped yet with all the grief you're getting on here, I'd have gone ape ha ha!!

Definetely get a better advert done though mate it will really help. I have to agree with some of the others and that is that you're going to struggle to sell it on here for the reasons already pointed out. I'm not going to go over them again as it's tight on you and although you have started loads of posts I think you've had your fair share of grief.

Good luck with the sale anyway. I'm confident you will get rid of it soon.

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Thanks :) Not really grief just people been honest I guess, I really should of waiting knowing I might of had a promo etc

truupR

Advanced Member
What have I missed? Been away for a while and when I get back you're already selling up after posting 9 million threads and 4 days of ownership? XD Can't contribute anything helpful to this other than - every time I look at your display picture, that tree in the background makes it look like you've got a mohawk.... I've only just now noticed it's a tree... gl with the sale

Modmedia

Advanced Member
It's blue so automatically will have less of a market (no offence meant to anyone but white is the most sought after colour)

The pictures aren't great.

The fact it has different alloys to standard will put people off - even if people like to modify cars they still prefer no visual mods on a car I've found. Performance ones are ok and will usually help the sale if they are decent.

People like myself that keep an eye on the market will know of the car and know that it's for sale again so quickly and question why.

I'm trying to dig out any of my old adverts all of my cars have sold within 2-3 days of advertising for good money. All on Gumtree.

This is my experience having owned/bought/sold 4 DC5s.

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Cheers bud

I tried to add in some new images which I think are better than the old ones

Had some people enquire but they are 3 hours away and not sure on the drive

Riz

Advanced Member
kevinjwiles said:
Had some people enquire but they are 3 hours away and not sure on the drive
This is the problem I'm having. I'm getting interest from people, but the difficulty is convincing people to spend a day (and money on fuel) to take a look at the car.

Rom

Advanced Member
Riz, I considered yours. Just the distance stopped me talking to you about it.

It can't be helped. We live where we live. But I find myself, if I travel that far, I feel almost obliged to by it so I'm not wasting my time. Unless it's a nail obviously.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

Riz

Advanced Member
To be fair I was the same when I was buying. I was lucky to fine mine 'only' 110 miles away!

calum001

from someone that is looking for a DC5 at the moment put as much detail in your ad as possible and cover the common questions that will be asked (think if you were buying what you want to know), i'm getting bored having to ask the same questions over and over

a well written ad and answers that are replied to well will give you trust in a buyer to travel that bit further, i have no problem travelling a long distance for the right car but even if i spot a perfect car (on paper) and i get a bad feeling about the owner (either poor answers or generally a muppet) then i won't entertain travelling far and taking a gamble

pretty simple in that if someone can't take the time to put together a nicely written ad and pictures then it's clearly not their 'pride and joy' as most seem to state these days

kevinjwiles

Advanced Member
Thanks for all the comments, yeah the 3 guys I've had are all based around London which is a 3 hour commute :(