What did you do today??

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Well what a fortnight its been without the Teg.

As some of you may know I lost my ONLY key and an alarm fob on Tuesday 19th. I phoned everywhere to try and get it sorted but to no avail so i bit the bullet and called Andy (integrastella) and pruchased a new igniton barrel and door handles so I could change them over.

Picked them up at post office this morning and headed straight out to get my baby back. So I stripped of the plastic covers and set the steering wheel on the lowet position and removed both the wire plugs. I then attached them to my new barrel and switched her on.

Because It was sat in a park and ride I had an audience at this point I thought it best to take her up the road and finish it up at my house. Now the keen spotter here would be thinking steering lock dummy. Yup realised that when it set on.

So bak to the drawing board bought a hammer and cheap chisel and set about hacking into the two shear bols that was holding the barrel in place. The left one (after being smashed to bits) started to twist after 30 mins of hitting it. Then on to the right one which took 2 minutes and very ittle beating.

5 minutes later the other barrel was in place tightened up the shear bolts repaced the plugs into the new barrel and put the surround back on.

Took less time and more brute force than I anticipated and also more cost efficient than the local locksmith who wanted £130 + VAT to strip it off and mold a new key.

Let that be a lesson if you lose your keys there is always the option to change it yourself (or ill do it lol) or the easier on would be dont be a muppet and lose your keys in the first place.

Will report back once I get around to changing the door handles Im off to enjoy my Teg again and my birthday tomorrow

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
was buying one on thurs last week as well mate gutted.

I will be calling Dave at steels on Monday. wheres best getting these blanks cut??? its a pre-facelift so no immob issues

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
was buying one on thurs last week as well mate gutted.

I will be calling Dave at steels on Monday. wheres best getting these blanks cut??? its a pre-facelift so no immob issues
Well, I had mine done via Andy at 200BHP, All I had to give him was the chassis number and code printed on the key and I had a new one sent from Japan in the post!

Dave at steels might be able to do the same? Not sure, see what he says, either way I imagine any good key cutter can do it for you no problem if you already have a blank.

cwwoodley

After buying a new blank key where do you get them cut?

It doesn't look like a normal key as the teeth as it were are in the side of the key and not along the top edge.