what do i need before a k100

tomosjoseph1

Hi im looking to get a k100 fitted soon my car is standard except group m induction kit

what do people recommend , ? and what will I need exactly links or any info appreciated

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Do exhaust manifold and catback :) - your car will be able to breath :D

suggest japspeed cause cheap and make works very well - its dc sports replica - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/152084673478

catback is your own prefference, i wouldnt go with more than 2.36 inch exhaust for stock k20a - cause exhaust will be extra noisy... 2.36 with aftermarket mufflers should be much quiter :)

Fez

Advanced Member
You can map the car when its totally standard, but the usual mods are mani/decat, 3" exhaust, rbc intake. Should see an extra 5-15hp peak

kwiatu

Advanced Member
Fez said:
You can map the car when its totally standard, but the usual mods are mani/decat, 3" exhaust, rbc intake. Should see an extra 5-15hp peak
Thats kinda small hp gain, 3" exhaust will take about -10-15hp from mid range to give you 1-2 hp on top range - i dont think its worth that.
K20A - with exhaust manifold, 2.36 exhaust, rbc, and well made intake (not the short arm which is on top of gearbox) should make about 240-245HP with good tune.

we made 227hp on completly stock K20A2 + hondata airbox mod + 2.36 catback with 2 mufflers (not sure how to tell it about end can - but its not free flow) and ofcourse there was oem k20a2 exhaust manifold + cat converter, will upload graph in a while.

Edit:
Graph
Also you can spot that there is also timeattack k24 builded, and tuned, block is stock + forged pistons + forged rods + RBC + Brian crower stage3 + well made intake + modified dc sports exhaust manifold + custom exhaust - such a difference :)

Linus27

Advanced Member
I had AEM V2 intake, Spoon B-pipe and Spoon N1 and made 237. Then changed the Spoon N1 back to OEM and fitted a Spoon 2-1 to remove the cat and only made 227. In a couple of months I will be changing the OEM 4-2 and Spoon 2-1 for a DC Sports 4-2-1 and fitting an RBC so I'll let you know what I make after that once mapped.

Kenz

Advanced Member
As others have said I'd change the exhaust system too. Mine has a tegiwa manifold, skunk2 cat back and tegiwa airbox mapped at tdi north and it made 244bhp. A map on the car does make a night and day difference, I think so anyway. Maybe not in straight line performance. But pulling you out of corners etc

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ep3kamal

Advanced Member
I've got RBC, Solid fab 4-2 manifold and b pipe and Fujitsubo RM01A back box, Gruppe M Induction kit and made 247 at Eurospec

mil1lion

Advanced Member
I got just the Tegiwa intake with Kakimoto cat back before the K100 (mapped at Eurospec) and made 214 so pretty much got it back to stock numbers on a 2001 model

Will be getting the Tegiwa header in a few months and a remap so hopefully get it up without the restrictive cat converter. As long as you still have a cat fitted you're never going to get great gains. However the mid range improvement for me made all the difference especially on track.

nails

Advanced Member
Whats the rules with cats on these cars guys? Assume if we decat it means a faff come mot time? Not to mention invalidating your insurance. Also, a local lad with a skyline recently got pulled over by the police, they saw he had no cat so impounded the car.

Chrismartin

Advanced Member
nails said:
Whats the rules with cats on these cars guys? Assume if we decat it means a faff come mot time? Not to mention invalidating your insurance. Also, a local lad with a skyline recently got pulled over by the police, they saw he had no cat so impounded the car.
Yep you are right. There are a few choices Cat wise. A few people go for a manifold with a sports cat. A typically more free flowing cat but shouldn't cause any problems come MOT time.

Another option is a bolt in cat where you have a decat manifold and when it's time for your MOT you unbolt the decat and bolt in a cat and vice versa afterwards.

nails

Advanced Member
Chrismartin said:
Yep you are right. There are a few choices Cat wise. A few people go for a manifold with a sports cat. A typically more free flowing cat but shouldn't cause any problems come MOT time.

Another option is a bolt in cat where you have a decat manifold and when it's time for your MOT you unbolt the decat and bolt in a cat and vice versa afterwards.
Thanks for that, if and when, I think it will be a sports cat for me then

DC5Curn

Advanced Member
Ive just ordered a Sard 2-1 cat. Ill let you know what its like when I get it. Quite pricy but has good reviews. Im like you and wanted to keep the car legal.