What do you get when you cross an oil slick, a bend, about 70 ish MPH and a tree? ….Sean’s dead

Grov

Banned
Least your ok mate. Least you not getting sarcastic arsewipe comments from people like i got as well. Did something similar in mine in November. Was gutted, but then i realised it's only a car, and im fine and my mate is fine. it only took a few seconds but all i could think about was my little boy at home.

Dam things are money pits anyways so in a way im glad as i would of never had the heart to sell her lol.

Time for a derv mate, im picking up my 2.2 CDTI Civic Type S GT 2moro. Dam what a mouthful that is! lol.

JAY_ITR

Glad your ok mate. Had a smash in my DC2 just before christmas on the ice so empathise with you. All that really matters is that you were able to get out of it safe.

ladykb

Advanced Member
Such a sad sight and after only 4 months I'd be totally gutted! But as you and everyone says you walked away from it and for that you should be thankful.

Save up your pennies and get a nice new NHB one :)

firthy22

Advanced Member
Sad news indeed, another DC5 bites the dust. Unfortunately excrement happens and when you drive fast there is always a risk of a bad accident, goes with the territory.

Just glad that you're okay and nobody else was involved. Put it down to experience and go down the safe route of diesel power or learn from the mistake and get another DC5, when you can afford it.

Not going to comment on the speed but I'm sure that most of us are guilty of driving like this at some time, otherwise we wouldn't own a performance car.

Grov

Banned
Sad news indeed, another DC5 bites the dust. Unfortunately excrement happens and when you drive fast there is always a risk of a bad accident, goes with the territory.

Just glad that you're okay and nobody else was involved. Put it down to experience and go down the safe route of diesel power or learn from the mistake and get another DC5, when you can afford it.

Not going to comment on the speed but I'm sure that most of us are guilty of driving like this at some time, otherwise we wouldn't own a performance car.
Nah don't be daft mate, this is an owners club of a 8400rpm 2 Litre Honda VTEC screamer, nobody on here drives quick,. :D

larz

Advanced Member
There's a time and a place to drive quick... I'm glad nobody else was involved to be honest... When you push a car (or your driving skill) to the limit, you're likely to crash... If there was an oil slick and no sign, and provided you have pics of the slick, you may be entitled to something from the council?

kingston

Advanced Member
When you push a car (or your driving skill) to the limit, you're likely to crash...
Well done =D>

So how do you know when you going past your limit on a road youve driven numerous times at probably greater speeds than the one he crashed at? How do you know theres oil on the road? I dont think ive ever seen a sign up warning of an oncoming oil/diesel spill... ever...

Either way you make manage the 'risk' as you drive along and if the cars handling fine on a previous tighter corner that youve taken at a higher speed, then theres no way of knowing whats ahead, unless youve closed the road, walked it to check etc.

Anyway, if your only 3rd party and the insurance company isnt paying out, who owns the car now?

rotabeast

70 ish mph?? On a bend...

In these conditions...

Sorry buddy, it's a sad sight to see, but come on :S
Yep, hindsight is a wonderful thing! I'm glad no one else was involved anyway..bad enough the car bought it, but knowing I was going too fast and hit someone... probably would've wished I was dead if it hadn't happened in the crash.. Hence the need for a diesel replacement to teach me a lesson!

rotabeast

Least your ok mate. Least you not getting sarcastic arsewipe comments from people like i got as well. Did something similar in mine in November. Was gutted, but then i realised it's only a car, and im fine and my mate is fine. it only took a few seconds but all i could think about was my little boy at home.

Dam things are money pits anyways so in a way im glad as i would of never had the heart to sell her lol.

Time for a derv mate, im picking up my 2.2 CDTI Civic Type S GT 2moro. Dam what a mouthful that is! lol.
Pretty sure i was doing that, if not a bit more, i was lucky though, small narrow b-road with high grass banks, over-corrected after loosing the back end and nailed the verge but it was more like a glancing blow, so it wasn't head on. if it was a tree or somet id be a gonner and my son would be fatherless. Shudder.
Glad your ok mate. Had a smash in my DC2 just before christmas on the ice so empathise with you. All that really matters is that you were able to get out of it safe.
Thanks guys, it's good to know I'm not the only one who's had an accident! Am totally gutted though - have had the last few days off work as my back's been pretty rough and have been left sulking and on the verge of tears looking out the window at it. Oh well, onwards and upwards I guess - can look forward to getting another one in a few years or so, and making sure I take the bends easy lol

And I've spotted a nice 1.6 CDTI Civic for sale as well - so staying true to my roots at least :)

rotabeast

Well done =D>

So how do you know when you going past your limit on a road youve driven numerous times at probably greater speeds than the one he crashed at? How do you know theres oil on the road? I dont think ive ever seen a sign up warning of an oncoming oil/diesel spill... ever...

Either way you make manage the 'risk' as you drive along and if the cars handling fine on a previous tighter corner that youve taken at a higher speed, then theres no way of knowing whats ahead, unless youve closed the road, walked it to check etc.

Anyway, if your only 3rd party and the insurance company isnt paying out, who owns the car now?
True, no signs or warnings to tell me - but still feel guilty about it as I more than likely wouldn't have lost it if I was going the speed limit - so I can't stand on ceremony about what the council did or didn't do I guess!

Well I guess as i'm not claiming from the insurance company and they're not paying out, it's still mine - so I can break it or sell it whole! Gauging interest as to how much i'll get for it whole!

kingston

Advanced Member
Yes an no, if youve never driven the corner before then yeah maybe you was going to fast but then if youve driven the corner numerous times and x speed then you wouldnt suspect anything out of the ordinary - nobody can judge you as such as they werent with you/see state of driving etc.

Id have thought youd probably get a few k for the engine (or you used to be able to) and associated bits, it all depends on if youve got space to break it.

Incidentally, did the air bags go off?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Guys , please think about your speeding references and statements , remember anyone can read this.

Aly

Advanced Member
Always thought 3rd party was for cars that hold such little value they werent worth insuring correctly.

Good to hear you survived and nobody else was killed, rather daft tbh. :xtsk: