what do you guys think of this supercharger?

sinbad

Advanced Member
TTS are one of the main importers of the rotrex. Do you need fitting on top of that?

Im running the stage 1 kit which im quite impressed with. The bolts for the charger should be uprated as mine worked loose when the previous owner had it, luckily its not attached to the timing belt like the Jackson is so no damage can be done. I'd also recommend Uprated engine mounts, Ive got mugen ones with ES inserts and have just fited an engine damper too.

The picture os obviously not of a DC5 and it sits much lower down. You do lose you AC.

What else do you need to know?

raz786

Advanced Member
Doesn't the Jackson run on the alternator belt or something? DC5's don't have a timing belt :-k

raz786

Advanced Member
No probs mate, think the safety is the reason most people Supercharge rather than Turbo

jay82

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
No probs mate, think the safety is the reason most people Supercharge rather than Turbo
sydney off this site is getting a turbo fitted to his car
hopefully everything has gone to plan for him it was mean't to be mapped today for him by paul from tdi.
but it'll be interesting how much it changes his car

chadwick

Advanced Member
my mate has a ep3 , he run the jackson charger for years with no problems then he wanted to get a little more power so changed to a rotrex and the rotrex charger seised :shock:

raz786

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
raz786 said:
hopefully everything has gone to plan for him it was mean't to be mapped today for him by paul from tdi.
I'd love to see the results of this, what turbo kit did he decide on, GREDDY?

sinbad

Advanced Member
chadwick said:
my mate has a ep3 , he run the jackson charger for years with no problems then he wanted to get a little more power so changed to a rotrex and the rotrex charger seised :shock:

But didnt they supply a new supercharger as a replacement?
That could have been down to bad fitting, rotrex has its own oil reserve so they could have used the wrong oil or not fitted it correctly.

jay82

Advanced Member
raz786 said:
jay82 said:
raz786 said:
I'd love to see the results of this, what turbo kit did he decide on, GREDDY?
haven't a clue what he went for it was still being put together