What do you think of Konig Illusion Red Alloys 4 a NHB DC5?

ladykb

Advanced Member
Am considering these for my NHB with Red interior, are they too much, i just think they are different as everyone has the red outside rim these days... :?: :?: :?:

Just thinking against black

raz786

Advanced Member
Think they would look good. We need Porthos to photoshop them onto your car i think :lol:

Grov

Banned
I recon they would look pretty awesome as well. Red is awesome with darker wheels.

ladykb

Advanced Member
im really glad you all like them, i needed a 2nd opinion i love them but didnt wanna be chav lol....

they are only £520 a set for 17's or 18's £735 thought that is rather good, now do i go for 17's and stick with my almost new Falken 452's or go for 18's and some new toyos for £1140..... hmmm bit of a difference i think 17s will still look great, cant wait to get them now :D

id love to see them photo shopped on a black DC5

Also could i do anything with the centre cap, id like to black them out and add Honda H :-k

The Lum

Advanced Member
I'd go 18" with the Toyo's and run them during the summer to look minted then stick the std wheels on for winter or track days etc. Although I must admit it's also a shame to run good condition std wheels for winter and risk them lol.

Andy.

Advanced Member
madrab said:
not my cup of tea looks tacky more suited to a 1.2 saxo
Yep

dave7368 said:
Agreed again.... Horrible looking wheels.... Don't do it! :lol:
Yep

Sorry, but i think they're awful. They'll cheapen the look of your lovely DC5 make it look all Halfords-stylee.

I say either save a bit more or keep an eye out 2nd hand for some proper rims like Weds, Volk, Work, SSR etc. You'll thank yourself in the long run :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Looks good!

I cant remember where the post is, but someone on here has that red outline on their CW Wheels... looks good! perhaps you could do that with your OEM silver ones.... get them refurbished as gloss black with the red framing! would look really good.

*EDIT

This looks pretty good!

ladykb

Advanced Member
Thanks Porthos your right the standards look great better than the Konigs, where can I go to get a quote for this to be done to my wheels?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
ladykb said:
Thanks Porthos your right the standards look great better than the Konigs, where can I go to get a quote for this to be done to my wheels?
In Hertfordshire? I have no idea (your location says Hertfordshie! sort it out :lol: )

I would have thought any local re-sprayer could do it for you though, just show them the picture of how you want it and get them to give you a quote, either way, wheels will look better than silver ;)

ladykb

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
ladykb said:
In Hertfordshire? I have no idea (your location says Hertfordshie! sort it out :lol: )
I value my car to much to exactly pinpoint my location lol :D, thanks i'll see what I can find, out of interest have you got expereince of using aperture by apple for your photos, looking to buy some photo editing software myself for my imac.