what do you think of this?

syko89

Hi Guys, currently looking at dc5's to purchase.
Just asking what peoples thoughts are on this car, and whther they are on this forum?

http://www.pistonheads.com/sales/2654822.htm

seems really cheap for what it is, so i would assume theres no history from before it was imported or similar.

Just want to know what people think really, and whehter they believe its a good price (obviosly its hard to say without looking in person)
is there any other info i should be looking for before i go see the car?

any help appreciated really, still a noob to these.

Cheers, Chris

Marpol

Advanced Member
That is quite cheap!

Looks fairly straight from the pictures, can see paint flake on the splitter and engine bay looks a bit grotty!
Would be best to go and see it in the flesh, could turn out to be an absolute bargain!

syko89

thanks for the info mate, saved me some wasted time and effort there.

i got a text saying there was only part history since its been imported so that also put me off a bit.

Would you guys consider buying a dc5 without a FSH inc before been imported?

there seems to be a few with low milage around for reasonable prices and it just worries me a bit.

ETA: also, who do you use for hpi checks? the £3 text type thing or get a full hpi online for £20-30?

steveitr

Advanced Member
There are quite a few with no jap history, wouldnt let it worry me as long as its got full history since being in the country

The txt thing will prob be ok, i have it through work so i dont pay :wink:

YENRAV

Advanced Member
Thats cheap, considering i paid 11k for a 53 plate just over a year ago with 44k on the clock.

I have 1/2 Jap service/MOT documents, not much though.

Engine bay looks rough. Car looks clean and straight.

scw02102

yeah I rang about this car

didnt answer

I left a message didnt get back to me so I didnt bother

good job too

There are quite a few with no jap history, wouldnt let it worry me as long as its got full history since being in the country

The txt thing will prob be ok, i have it through work so i dont pay :wink:

scw02102

thanks for the info mate, saved me some wasted time and effort there.

i got a text saying there was only part history since its been imported so that also put me off a bit.

Would you guys consider buying a dc5 without a FSH inc before been imported?

there seems to be a few with low milage around for reasonable prices and it just worries me a bit.

ETA: also, who do you use for hpi checks? the £3 text type thing or get a full hpi online for £20-30?
Pay the extra

a friend of mine bought a bargain once, used the cheap £3 txt HPI came back clear - 3 months later bailiffs on the door trying to collect the car as it had finance - hence the cheap price was too good to be true

I only use RAC - £15 or so but there records should be accurate

vtecpang

Advanced Member
It had been on ebay on and off and it did mention cat d then. Offside front wing -claimed to be by the prevous owner from Ireland

i went to view this car 6wks ago and was a terrible example of 03 plate. I looked around before speaking to the owner and didnt bother looking inside or driving.

What did I find?
Roof has dent on it and rather large
Off side skirt very loose - rattling
Rear bumper not sat right - hangs down on the right
Bonnet, nearside wing and bumper slight off colour
Wheels reprayed to white not CW
Numerous chips in window screen
Condensation in front headlights
Different tyres on all 4 corners

:shock:

so take your chance!

:unsure: :unsure:

beastgtir

You can buy multiple checks for 20-25 for 3-5 complete checks. Autocheck do 5 complete checks for 25 but you have to use them in 2 months.

syko89

steveitr, can i pass you on a few plates to check for me :p

im going to look at a couple in newcastle next weekend (16th) so this would help, if not i suppose ill stop been a tightarse and do the multi car check.

Thanks for the useful onfo guys :) massive help