What do you use

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
As i'm collecting my dc5 next week, i would like to ask the people what they prefere to use in the tegs, optimax or super, is one better than the other, what you recon guys.

Gaz

CleRICK

Advanced Member
I've always only used optimax (and added +2 octane booster), and had no trouble :wink:

mikegsi

Staff member
optimax, super plus is more expensive than opti to justify it in my opinion, i only use octane boosters if im going on track or 1/4 mile runs, when i get k-pro done i wont put any booster in as it may interfere with the set up

turbo5

Advanced Member
I wrote to Tesco and they are trying it out in the south then we might get it up north. also I wrote to total and they are bringing a new product out.
with all this competition shell might let us have v power like in Germany 100 ron :D

mikegsi

Staff member
i maioed shell a while ago and they said they had no intersts in bringing out any higher rated fuels for at least two years, didnt feel there was a market for it

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
I mailed Tesco last month asking for a definitive list of their 99RON stations, they mailed back with the list saying it was being trialled at them-all 12. I pointed out to them that it must be wrong as I've been using it in Bristol and they just mailed back saying that was all they knew :roll:

truffs

kingston said:
Tesco's 99 ron xredfinger :xhaha:

& its cheaper than optimax
so true, so right. My car loves it more than Optimax and its 5p litre cheaaper yehaaaaaaaaaa :!: :!:

Suped

Advanced Member
nothing but the best from Tesco's. FYI only Tesco Extra petrol stations stock the good stuff. Keep a look out for any and go fill up.

mikegsi

Staff member
not enough, do you reckon we could set up a long bit of hose pipe to connect it for some 99ron on tap!!! :D

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
mikegsi said:
i maioed shell a while ago and they said they had no intersts in bringing out any higher rated fuels for at least two years, didnt feel there was a market for it
I'm currently over in Sweden and stopped off at a shell yesterday...they have this new stuff called V-Power which is ron99 8)

Tarmac

Advanced Member
yep - it's 95RON and they justify charging something like 8 cent per litre more because it cleans out your fuel system. arse to that. i'd gladly pay the extra for optimax!