What else can i clean?

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
im a little bit obsessed and love cleaning :)

i think i may have ran out of things to clean on the teg unless anyone can think of some obscure ones that i might not have done?

apart from keeping the main bodywork clean and the interior clean, i have done the rear badges, full engine bay clean, under the roof strips, alloys been off to clean insides.

I am planning to take the scuttle panel off as i can see dirt behind it, i also know there will be dirt behind the bumpers but that might be going too far and i dont have the confidence to remove and refit these incase i cant get them back on correctly

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Bumpers are easy on and off especially the rear. Why not re underseal the arches and floor pan underneath??

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
200BHPCARS said:
Bumpers are easy on and off especially the rear. Why not re underseal the arches and floor pan underneath??
Tha'ts a good idea actually as it was last done in 2007 when it was imported. Is there a lot of prep work, like sanding off spots of surface rust? or is there a product i can use to clean it all up then apply the new sealant

I have not polished my nob yet but may see if there is a local girl that offers a service for this ;)

Cheers for the suggestions, keep them coming

kingston

Advanced Member
You can polish your own knob, much easier and you dont have to show them how its done...

Marpol

Advanced Member
Not sure what colour your mats are but my red ones were getting quite grotty!
Bucket of warm water with fairy liquid and a scrubbing brush later they have come up a treat :eek:

Might be something for you ro try ;)

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Not really just wait for a dry spell, then brush off all muck thoroughly before using spray cans to re apply underseal. ;-). It looks like new once it's dried ;-)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Have you polished the exhaust? And maybe some things in the engine bay like the dome nuts on the rocker cover.

leejw87

Spoon Whore
I like Cleaning the Underside and all the suspension components, brakes and the sump and gearbox, it comes up really well with wonder wheels, but i do have the privelage of a Ramp \:D/

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
My front mats will be going in the washing machine once the weather warms up so they will dry quicky.

Inside petrol flap has been done as has the engine bay.

Exhaust i tried but couldn't get it like new, whats the best product to use as its not looking shiny at all, more of a black carbon look :(

Will have to have a good think about under sealing it myself, at the moment i am more inclined to let someone else do it where they have ramps so will be easier and the job will be thorough.

I have been thinking of looking into setting up a valeting business so i can get to clean more cars and see a vast improvement in a few hours with the work i am doing, there is a limit to how shiny my car can look and its pretty much reached it grrr

leejw87

Spoon Whore
Have you tried a decent metal polish on the exhaust? If you get it looking shiney use blackfire metal sealant, it will stay shiney for months without a clean :D

200BHPCARS

Cars Trader
Agree with the exhaust. Most recent Teg we have in the oem zorst tip was un polishable from ground on muck erc. A little brake cleaner followed by 240/400 abrasive paper then selaed with a metal polish and it comes up
Looking like new. The main back box I normally just spray with black VHT paint to give it a renewed look.

Ps bumper is off for a re underseal

BEFORE

AFTER

The Lum

Advanced Member
Haha I knew that link was coming from you Porthos.

What about the back/inside of your wheels? New wheels nuts as well to make wheels look cleaner.

What about any induction kit pipes? I vtec cover? Spark plug cover? Red rocker cover? Fuse box?

I am done lol.

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
I have had the wheels off and cleaned and sealed them and cleaned the done calipers while i was at it too :)

door sills and boot etc are always immaculate as is the engine bay

exhaust is next to clean for me, will take deffo take a before and after pic and keep on top of it so it doesn't go black again :(
followed by car mats in the wash.

Cheers for the suggestions