what engine mounts???

JDC5

Charged DC5
That time has come today to get some new engine mounts to replace my worn standard honda ones... I've been looking and doing some research and have come to a conclusion that its either innovative or avid mounts

the versions i'm going for will be the 75a as my car is supercharged and need all the support i can get, plus its my daily drive so 85a will be too much.

anybody have any reviews on any of these mounts? the avid ones has a new passenger mount which is now a one piece mount instead of the link bar, whereas the innovative ones don't, but the two are just as good, but cant decide, unless any1 has ideas on other ones?

here are the Avid ones

here are the innovative ones

prices wise its about £350-£400

Cheers all

JD

Stoo

Whining.....
I have the innovative 75a type in steel.

I am also supercharged. I think they are fantastic. Very well Made. Less wheel hop. More direct shifting and slightly improves handling due to reduced weight transfer.

I still get some Engine Movement now but nothing like I
Did with OEM mounts and ESMMs.

They are extremely harsh vibration wise though and all the exhaust noise gets amplified massively.

If you don't like a lot of noise constantly then get 60a or 65a variants.

I paid £360 delivered from Funky power for Mine.

donkeykong

Advanced Member
There is a set of innovative mounts 60a in black on ebay.co.uk for 250 new, good price :)
search for it

lee76

Advanced Member
I got the Avid ones on my car and after 1 year the inserts failed/collapsed tried sorting the problem out with the company and had no joy so just reengineered them myself.

Stoo

Whining.....
I got the Avid ones on my car and after 1 year the inserts failed/collapsed tried sorting the problem out with the company and had no joy so just reengineered them myself.
Lee, how did you reengineer them?
I have a feeling mine are failing already!!

lee76

Advanced Member
As they are on a race car I made some alloy inserts to replace the origonal ones so now they are just solid.The Avid ones lasted 5 meetings where the std Honda mounts were still in one piece after more then 3 seasons.

Stoo

Whining.....
Ok cool

I may just revert to OEM mounts with inserts and beef them up

I'll try new innovative inserts first.