What exhaust system to go for?

alimujahid_dc5

Hey guys,

I will be upgrading my exhaust soon and wanted some input.

Now as we know most Honda's tend to sound very similar when revved in neutral and fly bys, I am looking for a different type of tone such as the Skunk2 Megapower which i quite like instead of the high pitched tone..

My budget for an exhaust system would be £500 max.

In addition to this what do you guys think of getting custom made catbacks made?

Cheers

Instagram: @alimujahid_dc5

jrscho

Advanced Member
Custom 3" is what I would want if I ever changed exhausts, plus you get afew extra ponies! Abit over your budget however..

J's racing sounds mental but then your after a deeper tone..

alimujahid_dc5

Yeah i heard really good stuff regarding the J's Racing but that's over my budget...

I want something that burbles on gear changes too not sure with some pops and bangs if achievable with stock internals

Fez

Advanced Member
Solid fab made my exhaust on my civic for £500, quality was amazing, totally worth getting custom.

Reggie91

Advanced Member
When I had my Buddyclub Prospec that used to burble and pop on the overrun. Sounded mental when flooring it.

Mind you, I had a Tegiwa manifold and a few other mods.

alimujahid_dc5

I have decided to go the custom route option with EMP Performance to get the sound that i am looking for

£350 all in for a cat back system!

maggot brain

I had a skunk2 on my old integra and loved it, however I just purchased my dc5 used and it has an invidia q300. I highly recommend looking into it, it sounds awesome. I'm a young adult (26) and do a lot of highway and city driving and find it sounds good at all ranges, no droning. It's not excessively loud but really screams under vtec engagement, sounds throaty and nice and also looks really good, no giant gaudy muffler tip.

I recommend looking into it, youtube clips don't so it justice... I can't recommend it enough, I like it even more thank my skunk2 on my dc2.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chewy

Advanced Member
^ This.

It's the next one I was considering for an 'off the shelf' exhaust when mine was my daily.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Anyone use or used the ktuned 3" exhaust?

I see it on tegiwas website and says its good for clearence. Need a 3" catback kind of soonish

Anyone else have any ideas?

mikeyw85

alan-lee said:

I see it on tegiwas website and says its good for clearence. Need a 3" catback kind of soonish

I might go for that one for clearance reasons. I think it's oval, so hangs no lower than stock.

alan-lee

Advanced Member
mikeyw85 said:
I might go for that one for clearance reasons. I think it's oval, so hangs no lower than stock.
Yeah read that and that appealed to me..

Wonder how loud it is.. Cant find any vids online

Fez

Advanced Member
The ktuned oval exhaust when they first sold them they were bad fitment as they made off an rsx. I'd imagine they'd be better fit by now.

Brophy

Advanced Member
alan-lee said:

I had one fitted for a short spell, fitment was good and quality was fantastic.

Although it was loud lol

alan-lee

Advanced Member
Brophy said:
I had one fitted for a short spell, fitment was good and quality was fantastic.

Although it was loud lol

Ah! What did you change to? Any quieter?