What exhaust...?

Todd_77

Advanced Member
I'm planning on purchasing an exhaust in the next few weeks and I can't decide what I want to go for.

The car is standard atm, but will be purchasing manifold, exhaust, rbc, kpro etc soon.

The exhausts I have in mind atm are:

Skunk 2 Mega Power R (would going for the RR make much difference. 3" exhaust or abit overkill?)

http://www.skunk2.co.uk/product.php?make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&type=2001%2B+DC5+INTEGRA+TYPE+R&level1=EXHAUSTS+%26+EXHAUST+MANIFOLDS&level2=EXHAUST+SYSTEMS&level3=&id=5010

Buddy Club Pro Spec III

http://www.funkypower.co.uk/catalogue.php?make=HONDA&model=INTEGRA&year=2001%2B+DC5+INTEGRA+TYPE+R&level1=EXHAUSTS+%26+EXHAUST+MANIFOLDS&level2=EXHAUST+SYSTEMS&level3=&id_product=2634

Also looking at the DC Sports.

Whats everyones opinions?

And if anyone has an exhaust for sale, feel free to PM me. cheers.

SPIT_FIRE

Advanced Member
Have you considered the J's racing 60rs RE Spirit has on sale? I would say 3" is overkill unless you plan to turbo in the future. There should be some youtube vids about of the ones you listed give them a listen and go for the one you like the sound of best i'd say, other than that i can't imagine theres alot in it. Power loss or gain should be negligible between systems i would imagine.

Todd_77

Advanced Member
SPIT_FIRE said:
Have you considered the J's racing 60rs RE Spirit has on sale? I would say 3" is overkill unless you plan to turbo in the future. There should be some youtube vids about of the ones you listed give them a listen and go for the one you like the sound of best i'd say, other than that i can't imagine theres alot in it. Power loss or gain should be negligible between systems i would imagine.
Yeah I had a look at those. Would love a 70RR but out of price range atm :( I read people saying the 60RS was one of the quieter exhausts. There will be no plans of a turbo in the future. Iv been on Youtube most nights searching through but its a very hard decision. Plus most videos are filmed with phones that aren't picking the sound up correctly.

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Agreed. It's just not possible to judge an exhaust sound by a video. I read up quite a lot on 3inch exhausts and I came to the conclusion they are still worth it even with an NA setup. The issue of more noise doesn't have to be the case with a good silencer. I personally have my heart set on the 3inch system that TDI have developed. It's in the £600 – £650 region I think.

Next choice would be the Fujitsubu RM01A but you'd be looking at second hand to be within your price range I think

dc5ian

Advanced Member
if your close to london you can get a system made up by solid fabrications,, hes work is top notch and ive seen hes gains on some of hes manifolds which have been very impressive (not just mine)

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Remember to keep in mind that an aftermarket manifold and RBC will make your exhaust a lot louder.

Todd_77

Advanced Member
Thanks for the replies guys. I'm not worried about noise. The louder the better :D haha
I have it down to either a Buddy Club Pro Spec III or the Skunk 2 Mega Power ( Still cant decide whether to go for the R or the RR).

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
Buddy club pro spec is a great exhaust and loud also.

I only removed for a 3" Setup (not just for turbo setups and works well with an NA car) which isn't too bad normal driving but pretty loud at full throttle lol

Mines cost circa £500 built and fitted to my spec and I love it.

Just my 2p ;)

Sgtscotty182

Advanced Member
Just put a full J's system on mine with the 60RR, it's quiet at idle but much louder than the N1 in Vtec range.