What first mod?!

Wardy7

Advanced Member
My DC5 is standard. If you had the choice of a first mod on yours what would it be?
Is the Gruppe M the way to go or does it not offer much on it's own? This is what I have in my head to go for simply because of ho wmuch raving on everyone gives it :D

Cheers
Wardy

BadBadtz

Advanced Member
You need to decide how far you are wanting to mod your car. Because once you start theres no going back :p

GruppeM is one of the best but if you want to save a few £££ go for an Injen and put the extra cash towards your next mod (because there will be a next mod :lol: )

Possibly have a look at your footwork. A lot of people say a fast road setup really transforms the car. You'll be looking at springs, rear camber arms and front camber bolts. And then the price for an alignment.

Wardy7

Advanced Member
Thanks for the waring about having an idea when to stop, or not as the case may be (although I don't intend to keep doing loads and loads) :D

As a mod on it's own does the GruppeM make much difference or does it really need to be combined with other stuff to have any real effect?!
Brand new ones seem to be around £350 ish from Japan and they have a decent re-sale/demand on them when/if you want to get rid so paying the bit extra is not that bad I guess. Will do a search on the Injen but I know if I went this route I'd want the best one :)

I had thought about the fast road set up but find the ride and handling superb. I guess I'm (wrongly) slightly put off from changing suspension as my CTR I had before this was WAY to low (looked ace) but was really too much hassel in some situations!

Cheers
Wardy

Jayk

Advanced Member
i dont think a gruppe m will do much alone mate. for a power mod id put on a manifold, they make a huge difference, and a b-pipe. i did those mods and a drop in filter and standard back box with mine when i had it, ran 193whp.

or go for Semi Slicks, they are rock!

Evs

Advanced Member
What I'd do in order:

Lowering springs (or good coilovers), camber adjusters & geometry setup
Front upper strut brace
Lowering seat rail (if you're tall)
Lighter wheels
Braided brake hoses
Brake pads
C-pillar bar
Manifold
Induction kit
B-pipe
ECU

I personally think getting the chassis sorted will give you more enjoyment than a few bolt-on power mods. When it comes to the power mods you need to have a plan for how far you want to go, and do the ECU last so you only pay for one remap. Ideally do the whole lot together and get it mapped at the same time, but then it's a big chunk of cash.

Evs

Advanced Member
Nah well three sets are bolted to the cars & then there's just a couple of big stacks in the corner of the garage. Might have a tidy up and shift some of them soon, in which case I'll take a pic for people to laugh at :oops: :lol:

This thread has gone a bit OT tbh... :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
The first mod that ive done to all my cars has always started with tracking of some sort, so i would say that drop the car springs/coilovers and get the Geo done. Trust me even though it doesnt give any extra bhp its truly opens the DC5's true performance.

azriDC5R

Advanced Member
er anyone has a pic of how the front camber bolts look like, need to find a set cos really need to improve my handling badly... dont think i like my new set of tyres, its got softer sidewalls :?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
Wardy,
For about £475 ish (maybe a little more) you will get Eibach springs, eibach camber arms, eibach camber bolts, fitted and a fast road setup at TGM Sport in fleet.

the difference will be much more noticable than any airbox makes the car much more sure footed.