What front pads to buy?

markdc5

Hi
I'm after advise, I need some new front pads for my Teg
What do you recommend ? And please let me know if they squeal as my Brembo pads do

Thanks

vtecpang

Advanced Member
I had Ferodo DS2500 pads on my previous car and they were brilliant. I will be replacing them next with the same on my five

Mintex appear to be popular here for standand OEM replacements

HTH
:)

Mark_teg

Staff member
Welcome to the site.

If you search the word 'Brakes' you'll get lots of results. Or look down the section you've posted in :wink:

There's a few options.. HTH

redcap

Advanced Member
Honda/Brembo standard pads are fine for road, not so great on track, unless your going to upgrade the discs I don't see there is much of an advantage changing. Having said that the ferodo's are good, had them on my EP3. The mintex are rated highly too.

lockwood77

Advanced Member
Honda/Brembo standard pads are fine for road, not so great on track, unless your going to upgrade the discs I don't see there is much of an advantage changing. Having said that the ferodo's are good, had them on my EP3. The mintex are rated highly too.
Are you kidding? The standard Brembo pads have no bite whatsoever compared to aftermarket ones. I use Mintex 1144 on the road, much better initial bite and overall stopping power on standard discs (not that I run standard discs any more, but I did and the difference was very noticeable).

Stylesa

Advanced Member
Are you kidding? The standard Brembo pads have no bite whatsoever compared to aftermarket ones. I use Mintex 1144 on the road, much better initial bite and overall stopping power on standard discs (not that I run standard discs any more, but I did and the difference was very noticeable).
Agreed.

Mintex 1144 get my vote.

Emma

Advanced Member
l have Dixcel pads.....great stopping, no noise and less brake dust :D

redcap

Advanced Member
Anyone bought the mintex M1144's recently and how much did they cost? Do they cause less dust? Thinking about trying them so I can enlighten myself. 

Paul G

Members
Anyone bought the mintex M1144's recently and how much did they cost? Do they cause less dust? Thinking about trying them so I can enlighten myself. 

I have 1144 frt pads in stock (size to fit DC5) £139. inc next day (uk) ;)

Grov

Banned
I fitted front 1144's to new OEM discs and TGM hoses, and the breaking is definatly improved, much sharper, don't have to mash your foot into the floor to stop, but im sure the hoses help as well.

They definatly create more dust than standard and they do squel a bit, they were really loud when bedding in, but after that they settle down, and it's only light gentle breaking when they make a noise.

redcap

Advanced Member
Ordered a set of the 1144's yesterday, they are supposed to create less dust? What have other people found?

kenzie 67

Advanced Member
I have just fitted Ferodo DS2500 pads with new OEM brake discs at the front and i think they are spot on. Make some noise on light braking but im putting this down to still bedding in (put on less than 50 miles ago).

civicjordan281

Advanced Member
just had project mu hc+ pads and dixcel slotted dic's and curse there good :D i had just oem and tgm braded brake lines before so a massive improvement

rascal69

Advanced Member
Ds2500 get my vote.
Will be buying a set for front and rear's soon along with dot 4 fluid, braided lines, 2 piece front discs and slotted rears.
Should make a great improvement over my completly stock setup the now.

Stoo

Whining.....
As above, DS2500 IMHO too. Had them on my old cars with OEM discs/hoses/fluid and they were great.

Im about to fit Paul Gs with DS2500s, TGM lines, RBF 600 fluid, new Rdiscs and yellowstuff pads.
Going to be a huge improvement over the OEM I have at present!!

markdc5

Does anyone have s part number for Ferodo DS2500 front pads as, I am being told Ferodo don't stock them for that model ?