What Gauges

Wootty

Advanced Member
Not got the car back yet - but am already thinking about the future mods.

Still going ahead with the Jackson in November so am wondering about extra gauges. Saw mikes 'flight deck' and not sure i need all those. Was looking at the Swoosh ones at 60mm and fitting them into the air vents either side of the drivers pod.

So question is - if you had two gauges - which would you have?

Currently thinking of

Oil temp
Boost Pressure

I could get the swoosh pod and put the oil pressure in there too but not sure i like that sitting on top of the dash.

SJ_Skyline

Site Admin
Defi gauges are the best by a long way IMHO.

You can also get a HUD speedo to connect to the controller unit :D

SCOTTIECTR

Advanced Member
SJ_Skyline said:
Defi gauges are the best by a long way IMHO.

You can also get a HUD speedo to connect to the controller unit :D
Any pics of the HUD? I'd love one, they look pretty trick 8)

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Another gauge that's a must, this applies to any serious modified car, either NA or Boost....

EGT

They are not cheap, but are a must.

Mike

Wootty

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
Another gauge that's a must, this applies to any serious modified car, either NA or Boost....

EGT

Mike
Had a chat with Stevie from Unit-8. He rekons EGT is a must too - so thats one. The other will probably be Oil pressure/temp.

Saw you had quite a range in your car - was there a combined oil temp and pressure one in there?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Wootty said:
MJ Type-R said:

EGT

Mike
Had a chat with Stevie from Unit-8. He rekons EGT is a must too - so thats one. The other will probably be Oil pressure/temp.

Saw you had quite a range in your car - was there a combined oil temp and pressure one in there?
Yes... I have many !!

As you know, I have duel function SPA design Digital Gauges... not as bling, but function is tip to. Also one AEM unit.

The Spa's are:

Oil Temp (taken from the sump) and Oil Pressure (OEM sensor removed and replaced with the SPA unit)

Boost Presure and Boost Temp (both taken from inlet manifold, but after intercooler)

EGT and Boost - measuring fuel pressure

AEM one is:

Ergo AF wide band, which feeds direct into the AEM ECU (thus if set too, the ECU can learn)

Hope that helps

Mike

T666YPR

I'll edit this later and get some updated pics of mine up.

Blitz DCII's Oil & Water Temp and AEM A/F Meter (with UEGO controller)

Fitted in Taka Auto Triple Pod,shaped for DC5.

Evs

Advanced Member
Exhaust Gas Temperature
Interested in how this is measured though - by replacing the oxygen sensor before the cat, or would you suggest tapping into the manifold?

Evs

Advanced Member
It allows you to diagnose excessively lean mixture and/or detonation/knock

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
My EGT sensor is tapped into the manifold on one of the primary pipes.

It allows as said by Evs, also helps you to know whether your car is running outside the OEM specified limits, which does cause exhaust valve wear if it's wear too hot....

Mike