What gear oil ?

SimonJames

Advanced Member
Planning on doing a major service on the teg changing all fluids chain etc

just wondering what everyone is using, does everyone stick with the dealer oil or use a better equivalent

redcap

Advanced Member
Doing the same myself soon Honda MTF seems to be the recommendation as it is designed for honda's.

firthy22

Advanced Member
I'm going with Redline MTL, supposed to be the best. I'll let you know how I go on when I've changed the oil this weekend.

SimonJames

Advanced Member
That would be great mate, i've never been 1 for fitting factory/standard parts i always upgrade :)

rascal69

Advanced Member
I upgraded aswel. I phoned oil man and told him full specs of gearbox and he recommended me a oil. Been the best oil i have used so far.
He knows oils best and will know what would be good.

Spoons86

Advanced Member
yep as above ring oil man tell him what you drive, go with what he says and pay your money, i have been doing this for the last 5 years, never lets me down.

Steve_DC5

Advanced Member
What oil did yous go for ? I recently replaced mine with Honda mtf would say its worse than before. Found an old receipt for Amsoil 20k ago lol going to put that back in or redline better?

firthy22

Advanced Member
Just had mine changed to Redline MTL and gear changes are very smooth and effortless, more than happy with my choice.

rascal69

Advanced Member
I was using torco mtf. Recommended by mfactory. Found that better than honda stuff.
Now using some other stuff oil man recommended.