what head unit would you recommend?

Lcr Dave

hi guys, what head unit would you recommend? here are my requirements

1.Sat nav
2.Tv on the sat nav screen
3.DVD
4.Ipod conection
5.CD changer but not essential.

ive had a search about but cant find much info, id like a parrot hands free too if that matters, so what would you recommend and what do you have?
many thanks

cfoster

Advanced Member
I'm about to buy the Alpine W202R screen, has most of the functions and the ones it doesnt have can be added at a later date. You can buy a bluetooth addon for it as well so no need for a Parrot!!

cfoster

Advanced Member
Its a double din mate. There are cheaper ones etc out there but have always had Alpine and personally cant fault them!!

Lcr Dave

cool i like the double din ones as hey look like there ment to be here, thanks for your help mate

cfoster

Advanced Member
The 202R doesnt but i think they 205R has the dock ready for a Blackbird Nav (Alpines own one). I have a Tomtom so not fussed on the nav.

I'm getting it from my own supplier at cost! Unfortunatley only 1 available as its end of the line. New model comes in next month but is a lot more expensive.

Chris :)

Lcr Dave

cool i havent got my dc5 yet but im just sorting out the things i want so ill get the new model next month then,
thanks again

integrad

I have he alpine unit in mine and if yu want it sat nav capable its ganna cost you another £600 squid on top of your head unit. :cry:

cfoster

Advanced Member
Fitted my new Alpine screen this weekend and really happy with the result. Fitting is really nice and I can adjust it further to make it sit more flush. Had to modify the supplied surround a little for it to fit in the hole but seem to go in fine once rubbed down a bit!!!!
Picture quality is really good, touchscreen buttons are really easy to use as well and sound quality is noticeably better than my previous Alpine slidebar unit.

dave7368

Advanced Member
i'm having a kenwood sat nav touch screen, cd, dvd fitted to my dc5 saturday, i'll let you know what it's like...