What insurance quote,would make you think twice?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
All mods declared,it just keeps rising,year after year.FFS. ](*,) :xmad:

I also have a 'Silly fast,rare,easy nickable,motorbike',and it costs me peanuts to insure. :xconfused:

Usual mods. Gruppe M,KPRO etc.

What's the maximum you'd pay,to keep the DC5? I'm after simlple figures,to clarify. :xcheers:

Stoo

Whining.....
Mine is mental this yr due to the charger and premium hikes!!
£1280 FC!!!!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
£1280 FC!!!!
And next year it's £1500,still pay the man Stoo?

I love my car,I really do. But it's getting more expensive,every year. Shouldn't it be getting cheaper? I'm nearly 25,FFS. :-"

Stoo

Whining.....
We shall see mate.
Mines dear as its so modified.
I may trade in/break it next year!

Dan2020

Advanced Member
If my insurance got to over £700 (currently £570 FC with all mods declared) I would consider something else. High insurance premiums are for youth, now I'm 28 i don't expect to pay silly prices.

53 Teegwa

Advanced Member
I am due to renew soon and was looking at some rough figures.

On a multi car policy its costing £750 for my DC5 (alloys and AEM) and 450 for her Abarth with Admiral.

If i insure the car direct as a single policy its £500. :xconfused:

I agree my insurance should be coming down and not up im 27, 10 years no claims, and besides a bike (for now) I have all my licences aswell as a dangerous goods licence. :unsure:

I was told that as a used car salesman I was a high risk inusree, but apparently as a project manager (office based) I am more of a risk so they hiked my insurance up again. :xrealangry:

I'm sure they make this excrement up as they go along really, But definetely never going back to Elephant again bunch of robbing bams. :xrealangry:

Although as my car build progresses I am aware my premiums will rise but I think anything past £1500 is a bit much considering my driving past.

kingston

Advanced Member
Dont know what you boys are doing but mine have stayed the same or come down (on both cars) this year when compared to last.

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
855 with Flux, just got the renewal.

680 odd with Sky Insurance... result! I better give them a shout before the month is out.

Mine has been getting less and less as well...

kazmo

Advanced Member
god why do people whinge about insurance all the time.......

if you dont wana pay the premium...

sell your car.........

premiums wont go down coz you moan about it on here

Stoo

Whining.....

if you dont wana pay the premium...

sell your car.........

premiums wont go down coz you moan about it on here
Nice input.
I'm pretty sure everyone has had a moan about insurance at some point, and I'd put money on you having moaned too.
It is extortion after all.

This thread isn't a whinge about insurance, it's a basic question as to how much is too much as it is starting to get ridiculous!

Hoodster

Advanced Member
How much is too much is is a hard question to answer I've paid as much as £2100 now its a lot lower but I would pay the same again if I had to, can't really say how high I would be willing to go.

armjoker

Advanced Member
Is there a option in UK to have 3rd party insurance(not full)? It will be a lot cheaper. I am payind 430 euros now and from next year it will be 350 euros cos ill be 23 years old.

integraleo

Advanced Member
Is there a option in UK to have 3rd party insurance(not full)? It will be a lot cheaper. I am payind 430 euros now and from next year it will be 350 euros cos ill be 23 years old.
well this year its gonna be £670 when last year it was £460. 32, 9 years protected no claim bonus but have just had a claim

Mark_teg

Staff member
Wise idea :rolleyes:

So you have an accident and lose your car/pay for it yourself..

darquinn2006

Advanced Member
My very 1st insurance on a 1.2 fiat punto was wait for it............................€5000 :xrealangry:

Bearing in mind that was 10 years ago and i was 18

Insurance is up on the teg mid july, paid €1100 last year hoping it goes down a bit this year [-o<

@Stoo your dead right bud, it is extortion, some companies just seem to pull quotes from there arses over here in Ireland

armjoker

Advanced Member
Wise idea :rolleyes:

So you have an accident and lose your car/pay for it yourself..
U never know. U may pay all your life 1000-2000 pounds per year and never use that money... or u may spend some on fixing your car if the accident is your fault.

EDIT: There is no option in here to make full insurance for people under 25. especially on sport cars!

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
For real,Kazmo? :xconfused:

I've been with the same insurance company since '07. No claims,no convictions in five years,and it's the highest premium,EVER. :angry:

Just got off the phone,and we did a deal. Happy again. :p