What is the best induction kit for dc5?

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
We need CAI's like those on land rovers, where its on the roof! :lol:

On another note, is there anyway for modding those with CAI's to expose it somehow direct to the front bumper portion of the car?

I need to find some threads to see if the J's racing closed induction is the best, surely that can't beat the GM? :?

blueguy

Resident J's whore
J's used to use the GruppeM before they developed their own intake. Make what you will of that.

Stoo

Whining.....
Yella Fella said:

On another note, is there anyway for modding those with CAI's to expose it somehow direct to the front bumper portion of the car?

I need to find some threads to see if the J's racing closed induction is the best, surely that can't beat the GM? :?
Intake Tract would be too long

The CAIs mentioned ARE in the front bumper. Filter is right behind the LH Brake vent!!

Yella Fella

Nismo Wannabe
Stooo said:
Yella Fella said:

Intake Tract would be too long

The CAIs mentioned ARE in the front bumper. Filter is right behind the LH Brake vent!!
I'm aware of that (I have one), was merely referring to getting more direct cold air feed by cutting away some parts of the bumper to expose the filter

thomsojf

Advanced Member
Just a thought, on te Nissan 350z I have seen some cut a rectangle in the front of their bumper to create a duct that gives fresh air feed to an air box. Don't know if this has ever been done to a 5.

Still I would love to swap my gruppe m for a j's. They look so :evil:

Stoo

Whining.....
Yella Fella said:
Stooo said:
It's behind a hole in the bumper, what more do you want??
erm... as I said ;) if you read it
Yeah. I did. And I explained, it's sat behind a big hole in the bumper, inside a box technically!

What more would you want!! It's a direct air feed!

blueguy

Resident J's whore
Stooo said:
Grov said:
Whats the J's, any info, links, pics? :xconfused:
http://www.vtecdirect.com/online/cgi-bi ... on--TCC-T5
There's an install thread somewhere on the forum by an Irish chap, plus Integradan had some pictures up. Good luck finding them "J's" is too short a word to search for :lol:

thomsojf said:
Yella Fella said:
thomsojf said:
Man I thought vtec direct was meant to be expensive
Check out here

http://www.sumopower.com/product/view/1863
yeah I got some communication back from then, then quiet, has anyone else contacted them in general for stuff? So hard to get hold of!
If you add them on facebook the are very good at replying to your pm's. Also they give you a discount on their.
Ed, have a word with Tom about getting stuff from Sumo. He's done trade with them a lot and knows the Sales Manager well ;)

VT-Doo

RushDoo
Cheers Dotty,

Where did that come from?

From looking at the graph I'd say the AEM CAI is better than the Gruppe M (and the Injen CAI has already been proven to be better that the AEM).