What is this sensor on the throttle body?

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

Can anyone tell me what sensor this is on the top of the throttle body? (Image attached and took from the net)

I snapped the little piece of plastic that goes into a breather. The car runs ok without it but it must do something so i need a new one. So if anyone has one for sale let me know :)

Thanks

Alex

Attachments

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Ok looked at the manual and its the EVAP sensor. Seems the car runs fine without it?

The car has KPRO with an RBC so is it possible this has been disabled?

Also the water pipes on my throttle body are not connected anymore, does anyone know the reason why?

Thanks

Alex

wj51fut

Advanced Member
The water pipes on the throttle body are for cold starts. They are taken off to eliminate heat getting to the throttle body and into the intake system. They are normally just looped around to re-direct the flow. Can easily be put back.

Alex_Wilson

Advanced Member
Gok (aka Chinese Adam) said:
The water pipes on the throttle body are for cold starts. They are taken off to eliminate heat getting to the throttle body and into the intake system. They are normally just looped around to re-direct the flow. Can easily be put back.
Thanks for clearing my concern on th water pipes. I'm not fussed so them disconnected how they are. But that does exponential why it's not the best at cold starting.

So anyone know about this EVAP sensor? Do I actually need it?