What locking nuts are these?

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Having a nightmare. Just got to Grinspeed to set the car up and the locking nuts I've been given don't fit. Does anyone know what make these are please? Also any solution for getting the nuts off without the key? Thanks.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
I don't think they're normal nuts. They're not Muteki as I've just been to SPD in Leyland and they've confirmed they're not Muteki otherwise they may have been able to get them off. They have splines on them if that helps? Total nightmare this is as I really wanted them camber arms on today Stevie confirmed it definitely has the standard arms on the rear ffs argghhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Looks like normal wheel nuts in terms of the hex pattern, did they not just try a normal socket? They don't look like lockers to me at all mate ?? don't use the locking key Marc, just a normal socket / wrench and see what happens.....

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Jimmer said:
Looks like normal wheel nuts in terms of the hex pattern, did they not just try a normal socket? They don't look like lockers to me at all mate ?? don't use the locking key Marc, just a normal socket / wrench and see what happens.....
Do you reckon? No he didn't try a normal socket, well I don't think he did anyway. A lad there tried his off his BMW and it didn't fit so perhaps they are just normal ones then? I've asked the previous owner to check again but he's certain they're the only ones he has. I'll ask my old man or my garage to try them with a normal socket. So you're pretty sure they're not aftermarket ones?

Cheers James.

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Oh they are definitely aftermarket, yes. No doubt there whatsoever, but as for locking...no they look like a conventional hex nut. Just the hex is abit further down the shaft of the nut if you like.

Just get a long 19mm or something like that and try putting it on. Doesn‘t look hard atall from the photos you have put up mate. Just like undoing a normal nut.

Mark_teg

Staff member
Reggie91 said:
Look like Muteki SR35's to me
^^ this Marc.

Are they all the same or is one different? As Jimmer says, they're just normal nuts. The locking nut is normally splined though so that's probably the one they struggled with, but it's not pictured.

kazmo

Advanced Member
if it has a splined locker on each wheel just beat a deep socket on them, most after market nuts like this are soft as shit and real easy to butcher off

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Cheers again guys for the advice appreciate it. The previous owner has located what he believes to be the locking wheel key so it's on its way to me. It has the splines within so I'm confident it's the right one this time.

joiner

Advanced Member
Defo just normal socket, will need to be a long reach socket though as splines will bottom out on 1/2 drive hole hence not reach far enough in to reach the hex head, very surprised they had problems.