What makes yours special to you

coolerking

Advanced Member
totally, such a cool car

check out a jlude99's build, dc5 type r wheels and champ white, with red s2k seats

lovely

CJN

Advanced Member
I love the 'teg in standard guise!

I noticed it gets a lot of attention which is nice, lol.

I sometimes forget what I'm driving until I park up, get out and admire it. I just had it cleaned and I couldn't stop looking at it.

Granty1056

Advanced Member
I think the fact it has/had its own platform too makes it special, its not a golf which is gti or focus with an rs badge, from the ground up it was designed to be a type r coupe and designed to be raced on tack as well.

I wish they would release a new one
Hi.

I agree with this, DC5s are unique. Toyota have raised the bar with the GT86, why not Honda.

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Hi.

I agree with this, DC5s are unique. Toyota have raised the bar with the GT86, why not Honda.
DC5's are by no means unique, they share alot of the components with the civic, and i think the chassis is the same? Also the DC5 has serveral different guises depending on where you are, you have America/Canada's RSX and integra Type S and various other DC5 levels of trim. The type R just happens to be the top of the breed.

But if your talking about unique to the UK then yes, DC5's are in a good category of rarity.

Its a shame they never brought the car to the UK officially as i think it would have been very popular. I don't understand the thought behind the "hatch back nation" some auto mags label us as one of the highest hatchback owning nations in the world, but we don't have much of a choice really do we.

A good example would be the EP3, originally it was meant to be on a limited run of around 1000 cars or something then when they were all sold within 12 minutes honda realised they had gotten something and went on to produce another 30000 of the things. Would the same have happened to the DC5? Its actually arguable that the DC5 is a more practical car then the EP3.

Timtegdc5

Not wanting to sound too much like a fan boy heres why mine is special:

Had my teg for about 7 months now and still can't resist any opportunity to take it out for a drive. I love the way it drives - vtec + handling
I think it probably looks better than any other car priced under about £50k (lowered and with the ings front lip)
Its a rare car in the UK and it gets admiring looks - I love that its a bit different to most UK cars, as barring the new GT86 there are very few newish 3 door coupes around in the price range that are not German
Surprisingly practical and pretty decent mpg if driven economically

Would love to see a new coupe type r from honda, maybe with a bigger VTEC engine!? Surely they must make one soon!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Would love to see a new coupe type r from honda, maybe with a bigger VTEC engine!? Surely they must make one soon!
I think the death knell for vtec engines such as the k20 has been sounded long ago by the euro emmission regs, which I think is a real shame.

lujamil

Advanced Member
A friend of mine didn't appreciate the teg much as he kept trying to compare it with 50-60k German cars.. However, told him to come with me when I was dropping my cousin home two nights ago and when we got back he sent me a text saying; 'I want your car'.

Moral of the story, the teg is one of a kind and I LOVE IT! :)

Timtegdc5

I think the death knell for vtec engines such as the k20 has been sounded long ago by the euro emmission regs, which I think is a real shame.
There goes that dream... What does this mean for the new NSX? No VTEC? :xaiweb6: Or not released in europe?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I think the fact it has/had its own platform too makes it special, its not a golf which is gti or focus with an rs badge, from the ground up it was designed to be a type r coupe and designed to be raced on tack as well.

I wish they would release a new one
Good point to this post. Just watching the way this car performs against others in its class on a track on the best motoring review is enough to realise how well thought out this car was. Sure on maybe one to two laps some of the competition wasn't left behind but it was in the later stages when the other cars started cooking brakes and chewing up gearboxes you can see the true racing pedigree of this car. Two words for this car - Track Weapon

You can't say that about golf gti, focus ST, Astra VXR etc I don't care what anybody says. And to top it all off, when you see above mentioned cars puffing black smoke from abuse over several years of different owners the Teg will still go screaming past in Vtec, fresh as a daisy! Two more words - Hand Built ;)

davidpingu

Advanced Member
It doesn't have to be the end of the road for this kind of Honda. The Nissan GTR is evidence of that. Unfortunately though like most manufacturers they are primarily interested in what the US market wants. In other words stupid hybrids or 4x4s. The yanks don't tend to be interested in cars like the Teg for the mos part. They actually make fun of their 'tiny' engines and call them paperweight cars! Guess they are just angry they don't have B-roads to enjoy! Ha ha

Benny-coupe

Advanced Member
I think the Dc5 has a fantastic exterior and interior contrast
with the aggresive front end and smooth body lines
Even the wheels in my opinion are the best looking wheel honda have produced
the you look at the dash the way its focused around the driver
for the price of these they are a real bargain
and i think the dc5 community havent been hit by the little boy racer stamp as the B series cars did (civic,Dc2) which is always good :p

Chelt_scene

Advanced Member
in all honesty i can't seem to love mine! had it since march and I'm still missing my old civic so much! but i still feel that i haven't made it mine as i have a crap load of parts to fit to the car! hopefully when I've done a bit more ill become more attached to it!

David Fox

Advanced Member
I can only describe it as love really. Owning the same car twice, and spending obscene amounts of money has been the best thing I have ever done. I never once give a toss amount how much money I throw at it. I have probably spent thousands just cleaning the thing.