What manifold?

Paz

Advanced Member
Which manifold is better?
Dc sports or buddy club?

Any comments welcome :)

chrex

Advanced Member
For the price of the DC-sports one i've been told that Piper's manifold is excellent. Gives excellent gains an is good quality, with a lot of the others cracking after a short time. Made in the UK too :)

Mark_teg

Staff member
I have no experience of the buddyclub, but I run the DC sports.
Power differences I would say will be negligible, maybe different characteristics through the rev range due to totally different designs..
I'd expect the BC to be better quality, it is more expensive after all.
Both have (minor IMO) issues. BC break springs so I hear. DC break flexis - mine lasted circa 3.5yrs 30k miles.
DC requires engine mount inserts.

HTH.
Somebody will be along recommending the tegiwa soon :p

Bonito

Advanced Member
The BC springs are merely aesthetic. I have mine removed and any track/race/touring car with them in have them removed.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
I have my BC springs removed too well they came off anyway.

The buddyclub header is quite a large diameter and you lose torque and power low down the revs. But it flows very well at top end

Paz

Advanced Member
cheers guys for the comments :) ill have a little think i would get piper but its alot of moneys :(

chrex

Advanced Member
The piper one is pretty much the same price as the DC sports/Tegiwa isnt it? I've been recommended the Piper because it's good quality, and that the Toda copies just don't last, or give the same performance gains.

Bonito

Advanced Member
I know there's comments of the Buddyclub is too wide and it loses low down power, I found the complete opposite. Mine is very torque and responsive in low RPM and on light throttle you can feel it rearing to pull and gives a little snarl and growl tempting you to plant it.

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Bonito said:
I know there's comments of the Buddyclub is too wide and it loses low down power, I found the complete opposite. Mine is very torque and responsive in low RPM and on light throttle you can feel it rearing to pull and gives a little snarl and growl tempting you to plant it.
bonito, have you got an rbc intake manifold?

im still on a standard prc intake manifold possibly why ive lost low down

Bonito

Advanced Member
mike.williams said:
bonito, have you got an rbc intake manifold?

im still on a standard prc intake manifold possibly why ive lost low down
Standard manifold but bigger throttle body and Hondata modded box.

ItWasntMe

Advanced Member
I've got a 2nd hand DC Sports manifold on mine, coupled to a 5Ziegn B-Pipe and OEM back box. Feels like it gives a noticeable difference in power and noise. Snapped one flexi in about 2 years of owning it (40k miles covered I reckon).

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
I bought a buddyclub manifold to replace my spoon 4-2/ 2-1 and although I lost about 7hp top end, I gained about 20lbs torque mid range, so the car is a lot more responsive now.

tricker_luke

Advanced Member
And I have had major judder issues at low rpm due to cam/ ultra light flywheel combo, and the manifold has not cracked or anything, I was surprised by that.

Marshall-P

Advanced Member
It would seem from this that not many people run the Spoon manifold is there any particular reason for this?