What MPG are you getting?

707 DC5

Advanced Member
Suped said:
Managed 320 miles last tank. Over the moon!!

Corey, most tend to use Shell V-Power which is rated at 99RON, much higher than what can be bought in US. Sucks really but prices are still going up over here. :x
Holy crap you guys have 99 octane over there?!!! Don't think they'll let me bring that back on the plane next month :( What's it cost you for a tank over there? Topped off I'm paying about $55 :x

MilanoChris

Advanced Member
Same in quid, and another bit at most places. Fuel prices in the UK have rocketed. Anything from £1.21 per litre to £1.40 I've seen, for V Power that is. Ridiculous.

707 DC5

Advanced Member
MilanoChris said:
Same in quid, and another bit at most places. Fuel prices in the UK have rocketed. Anything from £1.21 per litre to £1.40 I've seen, for V Power that is. Ridiculous.
That's insane :shock: Can't imagine putting $100 into the tank every week :(

Suped

Advanced Member
The gf puts in $100+ on her V8...!!! In comparison, its roughly how much it cos to top a full tank in uk! Sickening rise in darn fuel prices.. I blame Bushwackertucker!!!

707 DC5

Advanced Member
Suped said:
The gf puts in $100+ on her V8...!!! In comparison, its roughly how much it cos to top a full tank in uk! Sickening rise in darn fuel prices.. I blame Bushwackertucker!!!
Hahaha, see! I don't understand why you want to move here dude. You need to talk the missus into moving out there... then you two can adopt me :lol:

I blame Blair ;)

Suped

Advanced Member
There are a few reasons why I wanna be in SF.... the gf, its the bay area and IN & OUT burger joints!!!!! Oh, and Warriors!! lol

st33ly

I managed to get 28.3mpg out my 03 STi PPP. Thats good eh? Think i might just keep it now. not that bad.

morgan

Advanced Member
28 from a Subaru ? :shock:
Blimey - thats pretty good - I am impressed. I always thought they were like 20.

My RX8 was still the poorest everyday car I had (in recent years).

707 DC5

Advanced Member
Suped said:
There are a few reasons why I wanna be in SF.... the gf, its the bay area and IN & OUT burger joints!!!!! Oh, and Warriors!! lol
I'm gonna open an In N Out in London, pretty sure I'll catch up to Richard Branson in no time :lol:

Foxy red

Advanced Member
I'm really pleased with myself :D

I'm getting an average of 340-350 miles out of my tank these days!! :D Still V-tec-ing here and there, but just driving "normally" seems to be doing the trick.

Petrol is at £1.20 in Hampshire :(

kingston

Advanced Member
Coming back from Chamonix and on 95/98 octane managed to get 286 miles/30 litres = 43mpg and on my reckoning was getting around 220 to 1/2 a tank.

Assuming the tanks split evenly (which we all know its not) would equal 40mpg (though rough calculations in my head gave me 38mpg) going to/from chamonix

All these mpgs where attained at cruising speeds of 70-90mph (ave 80mph) on French Motorway.

However 150miles before calais and 110miles in this country (260 in total) saw the engine light come on. There was no change in driving standards or anything = 28mpg. Also 150miles from Calais and into France, the mpg was the same.

One of the diesal pick-up with us was managing 200 miles a tank going there (bout half of my tank) but coming back would have made 350 miles a tank

Foxy red

Advanced Member
I'm really pleased! Have an all time personal record.... 368 miles from one tank of fuel, urban and motorway driving!! :O :D:D:D

Newty

Advanced Member
I get around 30mpg...thats on A roads in South Cumbria...which means you usually get stuck behind some slo-mo for a bit, get an opportunity to Vtech overtake, have a quick blast..then get stuck again!!! So a good mix bag of driving.

I think the DC5 has awesome MPG on the motorway.

Having to go to Harrogate in the morning...wicked drive over the hills on the A something or other!!!

lockwood77

Advanced Member
32-33mpg on a mixture of roads, easy 35mpg motorway cruising (fast lane...)

Not bad for a 250bhp+ car! :D

wantadc5

Advanced Member
Re:

Foxy red said:
I'm really pleased with myself :D

I'm getting an average of 340-350 miles out of my tank these days!! :D Still V-tec-ing here and there, but just driving "normally" seems to be doing the trick.

Petrol is at £1.20 in Hampshire :(
no way, i average 280-290.......got a heavy foot though...vtec every day!!

Jimmy Mc

I get between 240 and 300 depending on driving. Only had 300 once though.

Averages around 27 to the gallon I think which isn't too bad as it sees VTEC quite a lot.

VT-Doo

RushDoo
IMO as the amount is so small you could have filled the tank up a little less than before. You'll get better results from full->empty->full.