What oil?

Erm

Advanced Member
What oil do you use in your engine?

mine needs a bit of a top up and not sure what to go buy :?

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
Hi Erm

Depends on what mileage your on :roll:

If before your first service, then you need semi synthetic, but after you need fully synthetic :wink:

Also, make sure you use a brand name one, also while on oil, how often do you check it :?:

I have found that mine does use a bit of oil, more so when having a play in Vtec, so worth checking at least once a week to be safe :wink:

See you soon

Mike

20Drift

Members
Staff member
i use Mobil one 0 - 40W (full synthetic) & change it in every 4-5k miles.

hope this helps.

andre

Erm

Advanced Member
just before it came over it had a service and the oil was changed there and was fine, i've checked it every 2 weeks since and noticed it was gettin a lil low so just wanted to know what to put when i top it up

cheers for ya help guys i'll go get some mobil one tomorrow :D

David Johnson

Parts Trader
we've still got some mobil 1 15w-50 motorsport oil in stock
the price is £6.00 per litre,plus vat and carraige,supplied in 4ltr containers

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154

Trung

Advanced Member
David Johnson said:
we've still got some mobil 1 15w-50 motorsport oil in stock
the price is £6.00 per litre,plus vat and carraige,supplied in 4ltr containers

Dave Johnson
Steels Honda
01432 267154
Is that what you used in your DC5?

20Drift

Members
Staff member
not sure 15W is a bit sticky in winter & will take a while to warm up for daily drive? but i think 50W is good for high rev. engine if always keeping at red line, just my thought.... :roll:

Nat

I have been using fully synthetic but have been told (by a know it all mate!) that i am wrong and should be using semi - my car is older now though and has 70,000 miles on clock - what you think?

Should i change to a different oil???

:?

Nat

I take no response means I will be ok using fully synthetic????

Soz just want to make sure!!! :wink:

jonster

Advanced Member
Hi Nat,

If want a really good oil, then try Motul 300V (www.motul.com). Not tried it myself yet but I hear good things about it. I'm going to try it next time and hope it will release a few hp.

If you want run fully synthetic, which I have since day one (0 miles on the clock), use Mobil 1. If you don't like paying Mobil 1 pricess then buy the French fully synthetic (from Carrefour) which is the same stuff under exclusive license from Exxon. I bought a load last time I did a booze run to France and I'm running with it now. It's half the price of Mobil 1. It is the old formula and not the new SuperSyn though.

Jon

GHOSTITR

Chevron Delo 400 15W50

CHEVRON DELO 400 - 15W50 SYNTHETIC

Hi all,

Anyone ever used above oil in their DC5 or has any knowledge of it. I just went for an oil change yesterday and that is what was used. My mechanic owner of a DC2 also uses this oil for his ITR.

I have tried to locate this on Chevron site but I got confused. I am sure the box indicated 15W50 SYNT.

This is reccomended he said for high revving engines.

Any feedback from forum experts would be greatly appreciated. In addition, price of 4ltrs 16 CYP ~ 19 GBP.

akcwong

I went to Halfords the other day, in the list of manufacture recommended oil list, manufacture in UK recommended 5-30w for Civic Type R 2001-

It is the same engine as DC5, but you think 5-30 is right?

K20A2

jonster said:
Hi Nat,

If want a really good oil, then try Motul 300V (www.motul.com). Not tried it myself yet but I hear good things about it. I'm going to try it next time and hope it will release a few hp.

Jon
300V is really good on the track.. but for a daily drive.. nah.. the additive in the oil is really bad for engine if kept a longer time..

thats why ppl who use 300V must need to drain and change oil right after!

Mobil 1 is good for the 1st 3000km.. then on do you guys feel its not as smooth... (hope I'm not the only one feeling it!)

scaryprowler

Advanced Member
Nat said:
I have been using fully synthetic but have been told (by a know it all mate!) that i am wrong and should be using semi - my car is older now though and has 70,000 miles on clock - what you think?

Should i change to a different oil???

:?
Nat,

Be careful with what grade of fully-synthetic you use on your DC2. A friend of mine recently blew-up his engine in his DC2. The oil, Mobile1, was considered to be the contributing factor. Just because it was the most expensive, he thought it was the best. BTW, he was using 0w-30!!!

Me... I use 10w-40 semi. (Honda's recommendation)

sbm20

I use the same oil as the Racing RSX-s's & DC5's use in JP & USA - Redline 5w30........I was using the genuine oil for the run in period upto 10K & then changed to Redline.....WOW ...what a difference??? :shock:
It has worked amazingly & the pre vtec stage is huge.......big torque compared to the other DC5's i've driven!!!!!
todau just clicked over 15,400klms...........4 track sessions averaging 90klms per session.........
I keep topping it up every now & then.......seems its used about 700mls in 5000klms........not bad at all...........

SiKBoY

Advanced Member
Right I have had Mobil Delvac 1 5/40 put in today.

Delvac is a mainly a high performance Diesel oil which meets all the nessesary specs for Petrol engines too, In fact there is a lot of talk saying that it outperforms Mobil 1 in performance petrol engines so I thought what the hell I will give it a go !

Plus only cost me £40 for 20 litres :D (half price thru work)