What other mods?

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
Hi Guys,

I currently have Bilstein B14 and some AD08R fitted on my car, along side that i also had some Eibach camber arms fitted. What other suspension mods should i look to buy? I use the car for B road driving with the occasional track day, its not my daily driver but i do use it at weekend around town etc so i don't want it to be too crashy.

Just looking to see what else i can install to maximize the handling on road/track.

Indi

Advanced Member
The following two mods are great for the money...

Progress 24mm rear ARB
Castor increase lower arm bushes

carl hammond

Advanced Member
I think if you do anymore then you will be compromising the road use of the car, track and road surfaces differ so much one will be compromised for the other.

I currently have Mugen shocks with spoon springs that on the road feel amazing and some say on track are also (but they are non adjustable at any point), so I have B16's in the loft for if and when I decide I need the extra, the reason I don't have them on at the moment is that I have not decided on the cars future.

Personally I think with B14's, AD08R's (which I have also), eibach camber arms and bolts with a good geo (FRSU) then that's enough, just get some discs and pads, braided lines and decent brake fluid (I use Motul RBF 660) and job some mate

Drive and enjoy :)

Progress 24mm rear ARB
I don't have any experience on these mentioned parts but maybe worth considering if you feel the car needs more changes, or get b16's instead of the b14's and have the extra adjustability also.

Ryanj1993

Advanced Member
carl hammond said:
I think if you do anymore then you will be compromising the road use of the car, track and road surfaces differ so much one will be compromised for the other.

I currently have Mugen shocks with spoon springs that on the road feel amazing and some say on track are also (but they are non adjustable at any point), so I have B16's in the loft for if and when I decide I need the extra, the reason I don't have them on at the moment is that I have not decided on the cars future.

Personally I think with B14's, AD08R's (which I have also), eibach camber arms and bolts with a good geo (FRSU) then that's enough, just get some discs and pads, braided lines and decent brake fluid (I use Motul RBF 660) and job some mate

Drive and enjoy :)

I don't have any experience on these mentioned parts but maybe worth considering if you feel the car needs more changes, or get b16's instead of the b14's and have the extra adjustability also.
I have the discs, pads and lines alredy so thats another box ticked. May add the arb as Indi mentioned and go from there.

Indi

Advanced Member
The Bar won't really compromise the road driving but it will definitely help rotation of the car on circuit. It is also worth changing the bushes to superpro poly bushes too considering how old these cars are now the bushes are probably getting tired if they haven't already been replaced.

carl hammond

Advanced Member
Indi said:
The Bar won't really compromise the road driving but it will definitely help rotation of the car on circuit. It is also worth changing the bushes to superpro poly bushes too considering how old these cars are now the bushes are probably getting tired if they haven't already been replaced.
Not a bad should, refreshing the old bushes will more than likely make a world of difference to the car (oem or after market), I am at a stand still mod's wise on mine tbh as I don't want to do too much and ruin it, at present it feels lovely, the b16's are the only poss change in mind unless I then go more track oriented (if I keep it) but I would rather not use this one as a dedicated track car due to it's condition..

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
If you don't want to sacrifice ride, hardrace or mugen hardened rubber bushes are good instead of going fully pollybush. No sacrifice to ride,... just tightens things up :)

Fez

Advanced Member
When you're driving the car, what do you feel like the car needs more/less of?
And decide from there.

Crazylegs

Advanced Member
Indi said:

Progress 24mm rear ARB
Hi mate, my car has a full super pro bush kit but I'm unsure whether it's got the castor increase though.

When it goes in for a geometry setup, if it does have these bushes - is this something Grinspeed will be able to adjust do you think?

Indi

Advanced Member
Crazylegs said:
Hi mate, my car has a full super pro bush kit but I'm unsure whether it's got the castor increase though.

When it goes in for a geometry setup, if it does have these bushes - is this something Grinspeed will be able to adjust do you think?
He should be able to tell by looking at them if they're the castor ones but no they aren't adjustable mate.