What power washer?

cameroon95

Advanced Member
Hey guys,

Away to invest in my first presure washer after borrowing my dads for years,

I have approx 100 ish pounds to spend, can anyone recommend me a decent one?

Any feedback appreciated

cheers

CaLi

Vtec Yoooooooo
All the Karcher's seem to be on offer at the moment, either reduced or with loads of accessories. I have one but always prefer to do the car by hand.

sovietspybob

Advanced Member
I've just got one of these Halfords own ones, seems pretty decent.

Used it to clean the car and to de-moss the yard at the back of our house. Its not going to be the most powerful obviously but as its main role was to clean the car i didn't want something that was so powerful it would start stripping the paint!

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Yeah I would think less power is better, cant beat a jet wash for ease of use, however it can damage the paint if you don't use it correctly.

Just go with a Halfords or Homebase one if you really want one.

Looks like a good one, multipurpose too around your budget:
http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=110&storeId=10151&partNumber=1673759&Trail=searchtext%3EJET+WASH

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
If your paint is in good order then a jetwash should be fine. most pros will use one just to get rid of the loose stuff on the car before washing,

viper1984

Advanced Member
The Nilfisk C110 seems to get good reviews on detailingworld.co.uk

Maybe have a read on that site

Ricerocketdc5

Advanced Member
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7151062/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/2%7C14418702%7CPressure+washers%7C14418805.htm

I have one .Strong enough to wash the car but gentle enough to leave the paint on it. It also has the metal pump instead of the plastic ones that most have.

ladykb

Advanced Member
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/7151062/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CGarden+and+DIY%7C14418702/c_2/2%7C14418702%7CPressure+washers%7C14418805.htm

I have one .Strong enough to wash the car but gentle enough to leave the paint on it. It also has the metal pump instead of the plastic ones that most have.
The washer bottle can this be used to snow foam the car if you get the right detergent? been looking to invest in a snowfoamer, ive got a halfords jet washer currently

thanks

ladykb

Advanced Member
ive got this halfords one, does the job just fine, be careful though i took one of my Integra Type R decals off with it :xcry: :xcry: :xcry:

S

stwteg

ive got this halfords one, does the job just fine, be careful though i took one of my Integra Type R decals off with it :xcry: :xcry: :xcry:

Snap on the decal thing and I was really careful!! I have a Karcher and the quality is muck! Wheels broke off after the second use- and Im not rough with things- gentle out and its still crap!

Coldfuse

Milano!!! :-3
Have to admit i love my karcher, ive had it for about a year and a half and the seal broke on the inside but karcher repaired it for me for free but i had to pay for postage which was only like 6 quid or something. But it is pretty strong as a have jet washed some of the paint off my rear bumper :oops:

Woppywop

Advanced Member
The washer bottle can this be used to snow foam the car if you get the right detergent? been looking to invest in a snowfoamer, ive got a halfords jet washer currently

thanks
Not sure, I have a Karcher K4.600 and had to buy the actual Karcher snow foam lance. I assume the fitment is different for each manufacturer.

(Gonna side track a little) I must say though haven't looked back. Snow foam is a great pre wash... When and if you get one, Ultimate Snow Foam is highly regarded as one of the best on the market.. £15.00 for 5L I paid. Just need to make sure you get the balance right, detergent/water. Also I tend use warm water as I feel it helps :)

Woppywop

Advanced Member
Sorry back to topic... I would suggest a Katcher mate, ideally one with adjustable PSI.