What radiator hoses are people with airboxes running?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I was all excited about fitting my Mugen airbox Saturday, only do find it wouldn't fit due to me running the hybrid racing radiator hoses. They've been modified in shape from the oem route to run with a cai system and as a result I can't currently fit my airbox!

I wondered about getting a set of those cheap Mishimoto hose sets off ebay for time being although I'm still miffed I went to so much trouble to import the hybrid racing ones only to find out they won't work for my setup!

More info on the hybrid racing hoses here: http://honda-tech.com/acura-rsx-dc5-honda-civic-ep3-32/hybrid-racing-silicone-hose-install-review-2889506/

If anyone can confirm a silicone hose that does work so I avoid wasting more money that would be great!

Cheers

maxvr6

Advanced Member
My car came with the Spoon rad hoses and Mugen airbox which all fited together nicely

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Cheers guys. Currently in talks with hybrid racing over whether they have an alternative hose that would fit so keeping my fingers crossed!

wj51fut

Advanced Member
Hmm I quite liked your HR hoses. If they fitted with my J's kit then maybe I could buy them from you and you can use the money towards a new set?

davidpingu

Advanced Member
I'll let you know Adam. They may send a replacement top hose out in which case I guess technically they could ask for the other one back (although it's unlikely they would).
If I do get a replacement it could end up being only the top hose spare. Obviously that's the only one you see anyway!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Pictures of current route. These were taken while I was trying to switch to the mugen intake, hence the big empty space in the bay!

davidpingu

Advanced Member
Thanks for the offer but I'm after black hoses to keep the theme I currently have. I'll wait and see if hybrid can sort me with a replacement one first I think. Will keep people posted...