What shall I get?

impne

Advanced Member
Been about 1 month since I sold my teg :(

I need to get another as I miss it so much, only sold it becuase it was going to be sat in the garage because I'm using my company car most of the time.

I can't stand driving about in this bloomin astra cdti all the time it's driving me nuts.

Problem is we've used some of the money to upgrade the wifes car (well she went out and did it without me knowing :shock: ) so I've got 10k to get a car

Shall I import a std higher mileage teg or go Civic?

I know someone who is selling a silver type r 04 with rear tints, air con and front fogs. 27k miles and not 1 single dent, stone chip or scratch as the car is only used now and again

What do people think?

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
How about a bike. :p The summers now showing its face and your in the lucky position of having a company car if it's wet or cold.

DC2 is another option,if you have never had one,5k and some change for some tasty mods.

Or something topless for the summer..........................

The list is endless mate..... :wink:

CHALKIE

Proud to be C/W.
impne said:
I would like a bike but have never taken a test :(
If you have road sense,it's a walk in the park.

The bike and car tests are going to get harder and harder over the years. :shock:

If you want a bike license(sp) Get it done,asap. :idea:

impne

Advanced Member
Think it has to be a teg or civic

I'm thinking a civic may be a bit soft?

Also not 100% about a dc2 as some people have told be they are getting on a bit and feel like an old car? is this right? or do they feel just a bit different from the dc5

My heart is with the dc5 but I'm not sure on the quality of one I could get for that money

dotty

Advanced Member
impne said:
Think it has to be a teg or civic

I'm thinking a civic may be a bit soft?

Also not 100% about a dc2 as some people have told be they are getting on a bit and feel like an old car? is this right? or do they feel just a bit different from the dc5

My heart is with the dc5 but I'm not sure on the quality of one I could get for that money
Civics aren't soft mate, but they are not as harsh as a DC5. Depends what you want? Is it for fun/motorway miles or what?

conoroneill

Advanced Member
What about a white JDM EP3?

Has the same hydraulic power steering as the DC5, the same LSD and the same power, plus it looks sweet and is fairly rare and you'll get a minter for under 10k.

Attachments

LA-DC5 ITR

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:

Has the same hydraulic power steering as the DC5, the same LSD and the same power, plus it looks sweet and is fairly rare and you'll get a minter for under 10k.
these arent rare in the republic of ireland. theres loads of them! in white.

Allen

Advanced Member
LA-DC5 ITR said:
conoroneill said:

these arent rare in the republic of ireland. theres loads of them! in white.
Ive never seen one :?

impne

Advanced Member
Lots of twisty roads near me so weekend fun on those mainly :)

I do like the look of that white civic..very very nice

I take it that would be ok in my budget?

Do you know the difference in spec to the uk civic?

dotty

Advanced Member
conoroneill said:
Has the same hydraulic power steering as the DC5,
I was under the impression they were running with EPS?

impne

JDM spec CTR has :

LSD
Red recaros
red carpet
momo steering wheel
Same K20A engine as the DC5
Climate control
electric folding mirrors

Pm fonz600 on here as he has one.