What size of tyres can I use with oem alloys?

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
215 is correct but 225 is fine too, 235 would probably go on too BUT the wider you go the higher the sidewall gets, the '45' in the spec, refers to the height of the sidewall as a percentage of the width , so sidewall height on a 215 is 96mm, 225 is 101mm 235 is 105mm, more sidewall means more flex

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Any reason you're considering 225's over 215's? Have you found a good deal on tyres at the minute that you'd like to share? :) I'd consider 225's now for the higher side wall after running 215's with the stupidly hard tein coilovers I have.

tico_87

Advanced Member
I ran 225 Bridgestone RE070 on my oem alloys. Good price tyres....just be careful when in the wet and when they're not warmed up yet. I nearly poo'd myself not taking those two things into consideration lol

The walking Teg

LiamGTR said:
Any reason you're considering 225's over 215's? Have you found a good deal on tyres at the minute that you'd like to share? :) I'd consider 225's now for the higher side wall after running 215's with the stupidly hard tein coilovers I have.
No Particular reason, my friend has a set from his old car that he is getting rid off.

On that note, is there any risk in putting a set of 225's at the front and 215's at the back gents?

LiamGTR

Advanced Member
Not really, our cars don't have any kind of 4wd/hicas system.

Although I think you're meant to put the wider on the rear, eventhough it's a FWD car, I can't say why I think that I just remember being told it a while ago.

tico_87

Advanced Member
The walking Teg said:
No Particular reason, my friend has a set from his old car that he is getting rid off.

On that note, is there any risk in putting a set of 225's at the front and 215's at the back gents?
Nah, no risk. I ran wider tyres on the front for some time til I got my arches sorted to be able to fit the 225 on the back.

But you won't have a problem with the arches on oem alloys and 225.

maxvr6

Advanced Member
225 on the front should induce a little more oversteer, they do this a lot in Japan, if you were to have different sizes front and back I believe this is the correct way round to do it in a FWD car

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
i dont think you will even notice one size difference on the front to the back, either way around