What steering wheel is in the DC5?

celox performance

Advanced Member
I want to put a steering wheel exactly the same as in the DC5 in my Evo. Does anyone know which model Momo it is? I've had a look online but can't find one exactly the same as it :(

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
I think they are limited design to the car, like the seats are.

But I'd have one of these:

Millenium Evo Should suit it a treat!

celox performance

Advanced Member
That's nice 8) . Whichever one I go for I want it the same size as the Tegs and I find it the perfect size, I think it's 320mm? The Evo wheels are from a cruiseliner and sometimes I beep the horn by mistake on track :lol:

oregato

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
I think they are limited design to the car, like the seats are.

But I'd have one of these:

Millenium Evo Should suit it a treat!
I'd prefer the standard DC5 wheel, I dont know what it is with steering wheels for me, but no after market ones would tickle my fancy, i'd always have oem wheels. especially the DC5 one cause its savage :)

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
oregato said:
'd prefer the standard DC5 wheel, I dont know what it is with steering wheels for me, but no after market ones would tickle my fancy, i'd always have oem wheels. especially the DC5 one cause its savage :)
Savage? really? I think its quite plain... :-k

oregato

Advanced Member
PORTHOS said:
oregato said:
'd prefer the standard DC5 wheel, I dont know what it is with steering wheels for me, but no after market ones would tickle my fancy, i'd always have oem wheels. especially the DC5 one cause its savage :)
Savage? really? I think its quite plain... :-k

hehe, maybe savage isnt the right word lol.. i think it just sits well with the rest of the car, alot of after market steering wheels just dont fit in with the rest of the car

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
Ah, its aesthetically pleasing :)

Do a search on 'Civic Type R Momo steering wheel' in google... and look at images, some doing the rounds... good luck!

chiefpulsar

Advanced Member
Have you thought about a later evo wheel from the 7,8 or 9 :xconfused:

How come you want to change i quite like the wheel in my evo 4 and they are the same as 5 and 6, only complaint i would have is they are a little on the big size!

celox performance

Advanced Member
chiefpulsar said:
How come you want to change i quite like the wheel in my evo 4 and they are the same as 5 and 6, only complaint i would have is they are a little on the big size!
That's exactly why I want to change it. The car would be more responsive with a smaller wheel and it just doesn't feel right to me, especially where the horns located. I particularly like the DC5 wheel so maybe I could see if I can find someone who's breaking a DC5. I presume i'd just need a universal Momo boss adapter then?

jay82

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
chiefpulsar said:
That's exactly why I want to change it. The car would be more responsive with a smaller wheel and it just doesn't feel right to me, especially where the horns located. I particularly like the DC5 wheel so maybe I could see if I can find someone who's breaking a DC5. I presume i'd just need a universal Momo boss adapter then?
would the air bags connections not be different and cause problems with the dash light?

celox performance

Advanced Member
Yes the warning light will show but it can be bridged using a resistor so that the light will go off and the passenger airbag will still operate :)

jay82

Advanced Member
celox performance said:
Yes the warning light will show but it can be bridged using a resistor so that the light will go off and the passenger airbag will still operate :)
what will you do about the honda badge in the middle of the steering wheel?