What stupid things have you been asked about your DC5?

jay82

Advanced Member
some girl i no asked me was it the same car out of back to the future :shock: i didn't even give a answer to her
another time i was walking out of a petrol station with a bottle of coke and a old man asked me what litre was it. i look at the coke and said 500ml

macer

Advanced Member
From an American Website I was told

There is no why thats a real TypeR if its a 2001 Model. :lol:

griffy

Advanced Member
"why did you put that big spoiler on!" :lol:

"it looks like a bit of a chav car!" ( hhhmmm really?, take that baseball cap off and say that again ) :lol: :p

"I liked it when the turbo kicked in!" :lol: :roll:

"why do you want a car like that, whats up with a 1.4 civic, it does the same job" ( err no it doesnt when I drive it! ) :lol:

when I mention its quite rare, people always say, "I've seen loads of em" ( really, there goes one now they say, as a celica rolls past ! :lol: :roll: )

"you need a car with a bigger boot" ( not many people can get their bonnet in their boot! so blow me :lol: )

BEST ONE
"what are you gonna do when you have kids" ( teach em to drive me back from the pub in it! :lol: ) :p

Andywilkinson

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
another time i was walking out of a petrol station with a bottle of coke and a old man asked me what litre was it. i look at the coke and said 500ml
:lol: :lol: :lol:

Very quick :lol:

DC5TU

Advanced Member
bling said:
'will it do 180mph'!!
me reply ' yeah'
MY reply to you, wrong!

unless you have a lot of mods, some serious power, and a very very very long piece of road

most i managed out of mine was indicated 176

tedg

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
I think the best thing thats happened to me with this was when i took it to the parking place at heathrow, and i said to te guy i left it with, do you know how to start these?

He looked at me like id spat in his face and said, we had 10 of these in last week, dont patronise me!!

lol - 10 in a week! largest meet i have been to is 8, would be an amazing chance that lots we all went to heathrow :lol:

johnk

Advanced Member
jay82 said:
i was walking out of a petrol station with a bottle of coke and a old man asked me what litre was it. i look at the coke and said 500ml
That made me laugh out loud at work!! :lol:

Ok my favourite was from a Honda Dealership the other week...

Me: Do you know if any of the following bits from the Civic are compatable with the DC5?

Salesman: Whats a DC5?

Me: Integra....

Salesman: Oh....?

PORTHOS

Resident Rembrandt
:lol: Some quality comments!

I havent had any strange ones myself yet :( just the usual "what is it?"

gaz3434

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
He looked at me like id spat in his face
Very funny line.... just made me laugh out loud! :lol:

The most pointless question I've been asked is "What is the point of having a Japanese car without a turbo?!" :roll:
Or, "Is there any difference between your Integra and the older one?" (a good friend of mine who claims to be a car enthusiast still can't tell the difference!)
And one of my favourites, asked by my dad - "Can you put a towbar on that thing?" :lol:

liktup

Advanced Member
Petrol attendant asked whilst I was paying for my petrol

What kit is that you have on your Civic?

:roll: :lol: :lol:

Project

Advanced Member
Think the best ones are from little kids, I had one kid say 'wow nice Ferrari, i bet it goes mega quick' just had to smile and say yeah, felt like I had made his day.
Then you get your usual idiots who've said to me, 'is that the new civic?' whilst stand right infront of the sticker on the side saying integra type R.
Another guy asked when I had my oem wing on if I took it from an EVO as it looked the same :roll:
and your usual, 'did you fit those recaro's your self

Decklogic1

Advanced Member
Usual stuff - "Is that a new bodykit for the Civic?" and even "Nice Evo" Stupidity of the highest order :D

Metalhead

Not Dc5 but....

I used to own an Insight (the petrol\electric hybrid) and I was filling it up with petrol at a filling station when the woman at the next pump said "excuse me is that an electric car?"

I just pointed at the pump I was using and said "Yes, I'm filling it full of electric right now"

:D

bling

Advanced Member
DC5TU said:
bling said:
'will it do 180mph'!!
me reply ' yeah'
MY reply to you, wrong!

unless you have a lot of mods, some serious power, and a very very very long piece of road

most i managed out of mine was indicated 176
i know it won't! even with mods it wont hit 165mph let alone 180!

acepty

Advanced Member
I almost always get the annoying... how much did you pay for it???
(I'm sure most people don't want to pay around 20k USD for a second handed RHD car on a LHD country so why ask?)
And the classic did it came with the "White rims, recaros, spoilers, Brembo's, etc...”
And one I got at a carwash:
"Why did you change the steering side on that RSX are you mad???
I'm like... :?

raz786

Advanced Member
Can't think of any comments that stand out from the usual, but I'm sure most other people who try to overtake the DC5 believe that I've just stuck the Type R badges and stickers on, plus it doesn't help when you get other cars (an Almera for example) with a Type R badge at the back!! :lol: :lol: