what the hoola is this thing?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
hi all

i just got myself a new Toda manifold to replace the Spoon one as apparantly there's better gains from the Toda on the DC5 currently. I still have the Spoon decat and cat back tho - so it'll be interesting to see if there really is any difference.

ANYWAY, this thing that looks like some sort of guard came with it. I've no idea what it's for or where it's to be fitted as one didn't come with the Spoon one. I've included some crappy blown up camera phone pics of it below so hopefully someone can enlighten me!!

Note to self - get digital camera :roll:

thanks
Tar.

Evs

Advanced Member
It fits into the engine bay and protects the steering rack. If you look down behind the engine where the mani bolts to the head, the rack sits a bit lower and back a bit. There's a brace going across, and a couple of pieces of pressed steel protruding from under the rack towards the engine. The shield bolts to these.

Hope this helps a bit. Difficult to explain really, if this isn't making any sense then I can take some pics tomorrow for you.

mikegsi

Staff member
i take it the oem heatshields no longer fit after toda mani install?

Tarmac

Advanced Member
dan the man said:
u going to be selling your spoon then?

dan :wink:
yes - i'm selling my Spoon manifold and Spoon Decat as I now have a Toda 4-1 straight onto a Spoon cat-back. 8)

If anyone is interested - pm me.

Gary

Advanced Member
Tarmac said:
dan the man said:
u going to be selling your spoon then?

dan :wink:
yes - i'm selling my Spoon manifold and Spoon Decat as I now have a Toda 4-1 straight onto a Spoon cat-back. 8)

If anyone is interested - pm me.
Ya got PM bro!!!

gregb

Advanced Member
what sort of money are we talking for the new toda manifold tarmac?definetly put it on the next to get lists :wink: