What tie rods to buy?

Which tie rods to buy when lowering?

• Total voters

spooke

Advanced Member
I'm going to be lowering my car in a couple of weeks, still unsure whether or not I need tie rods with more thread to get the toe in line as I'm only going -20/30mm and I'm not going to run any more than -2 degree of front camber.

If it is recommended what should I go for?

hondamad2204

Advanced Member
Won't need any, but if you were thinking of changing, it might be an idea to replenish the OEM ones with brand new, then you know everything is sweet :)

spooke

Advanced Member
Right ok I thought it was necessary to change them to get the toe back to OEM specifications. Is there a need if caster is increased via rotated top mounts? So camber and caster is gained by top mount. Cheers guys.

beppe786

Beppe
don't think you can do caster on macpherson strut, look into wishbone bushes kit that change caster

spooke

Advanced Member
JDMFresh said:
don't think you can do caster on macpherson strut, look into wishbone bushes kit that change caster
It can be adjusted by the top mount too, just wondered if by adding caster that way I'm going to run into issues. Will ask around with people who I know have done it.

tristanpalmer

Advanced Member
spooke said:
It can be adjusted by the top mount too, just wondered if by adding caster that way I'm going to run into issues. Will ask around with people who I know have done it.
Have a look in Mike's thread as believe he did something similar with some brave cutting and special top mounts.
You can get a fair amount of castor though with the super pro kit.

As for TREs I have some rose jointed ones for sale, if they're of interest :)

C&S Evo7

Administrator
Staff member
what are you lowering the car with ? coilovers or springs?

do you have camber arms for the rear and bolts for the front ? while you can adjust camber on most topmounts castor isnt so easy (and not really worthwhile) you will get better results adjusting it using camber bolts on the hub

spooke

Advanced Member
C&S Evo7 said:
what are you lowering the car with ? coilovers or springs?

do you have camber arms for the rear and bolts for the front ? while you can adjust camber on most topmounts castor isnt so easy (and not really worthwhile) you will get better results adjusting it using camber bolts on the hub
It is going on MeisterR Coilovers, I don't have either of those. I was planning on using the slotted top bolt for camber at the hub and to add caster via the top mount (which as it's at a angle will increase camber too).

mike.williams

Advanced Member
Castor best mod for this chassis

Toe specifications at certain camber depends on the coilover. Every manufacturer will have the steering arm on the lower bracket at a slightly different position.