What to mod next....?

User

Advanced Member
Ok, from stock my car now has a HKS cat back and I opted for the Spoon Drop In filter after talking to Tom @ CPL about noise and modifying engine bay etc.

So...what's next? I'm thinking decat all the way, then after that i'll go to Jakan and get the geometry done.

If decat it is - which one is best? I need something that'll be easy to change come MOT time.

Thanks.

neolee40

Advanced Member
spoon is the best apparently? best performace for the dosh, but not so easy to change. any gargae would charge say £30 to change it over and put your standard one back on, I had a JR manifold and it was easy to change it as there was a slot for the cat.

hope that helps

andyd

Advanced Member
Incorrect.

Toda is the best for performance and has been dyno provene to show very good gains.

In terms of a MOT, i would recommend ether the Spoon Mainifold or the Jackson Racing one. Both can have CAT's put on them or removed if need be.

In my personal option, get to know your local MOT place :wink: and get the Toda

Andy

User

Advanced Member
Bit confused -

How do the parts go together - i was assuming the stock parts i've got left are a 4 - 2 manifold and then a cat piece 2 - 1 with me just looking to change the 2 - 1.

Can someone give me an idiots guide as to why certain decats are more difficult come MOT time than others?

Sorry for being so uneductated, i did fish around for pics of the entire exhaust section, found nothing.

andyd

Advanced Member
User said:
Bit confused -

How do the parts go together - i was assuming the stock parts i've got left are a 4 - 2 manifold and then a cat piece 2 - 1 with me just looking to change the 2 - 1.
The Spoon Manifold is like the stock one it comes in 2 parts 4-2 & 2-1.

So the stock can be bolt on or off the car in little time. i.e for a MOT change.

Andy

User

Advanced Member
Ok, cool.

So - Spoon or Jackson - which is best or are they much the same?

andyd

Advanced Member
User said:
Ok, cool.

So - Spoon or Jackson - which is best or are they much the same?
iirc

out of the 2, The jackson would give the best gains while alowing you to attach a cat.

Andy

MJ Type-R

Advanced member
andyd22 said:
Incorrect.

Toda is the best for performance and has been dyno provene to show very good gains.
All I will say Andy, the Toda one is good, but it can be beaten !

Mike

andyd

Advanced Member
MJ Type-R said:
andyd22 said:
Incorrect.

All I will say Andy, the Toda one is good, but it can be beaten !

Mike
ill await to see the results.

Andy

User

Advanced Member
My net skills leave a lot to be desired. I cant actually find anyone who sells the two piece Jackson.

Can someone help me out with where to buy one from?

Will Tom @ TGM sell them?

User

Advanced Member
Just get it checked and make sure everything is as it should be, using proper laser alignment.

I dont really want to play around with the factory settings - just check the car is set up right.

Invariably cars are a fraction of a mm out here and there, very few cars come out of the factory "straight"....i had my brand new scooby done and that was bloody miles out from what it should have been.

Well worth the £!