What tyres to get

smithmi81

Hi everyone i have read a lot a the posts about tyres,

The car as the Bridgestone RE40 on it at the moment but all 4 will need replacing soon

What shall i get

Bridgestone RE40
Bridgestone RE50
Yokohama Parada
Yokohama AVS
Toyo Proxes T1S

Not to keen on the toyos though... but a lot of people go on about them all the time or shall i go for a totally different set than the ones above I want something very grippy and not to worried about getting loads of miles as i dont do that many in the DC5.

truffs

Hello mate had Bridgestone RE050 TL 215/45r17 87W on the last three occasions very good tyres for both track/road/wet the only problem is is that they are very hard but last a long time.

T666YPR

It really does depend on whether you intend to take your car on track very often.

There are a lot more track day oriented tyres coming on the market now to have a look at if so.

If not then Goodyear Eagles,most Bridgestones and the Yokos.

Toyos replacement for the T1-S's are the T1-R's

Not seen many people commenting on Michelin Pilot Sports or Dunlops for some reason.

Evs

Advanced Member
Mine came with RE040s on - too hard and not much good in the wet imho. S-03s are much better all round, especially in the wet, but I've read somewhere that they don't do them anymore. Had previous experience with F1s and found them too soft in the sidewall - good in the wet but lack precision in the dry. HTH

smithmi81

thanks for the info guys, i fount the bridgestones quite soft but not compared to yoks, but you can get different softness of rubber as there is different ratings on the tyres wall mine were 200. I would like a good road/track tyre.

Welsh-Rich

Advanced Member
I just changed my fronts to Bridgestones, finding them a very good tyre!

Hated them on he Civic, but all good so far!

Plus, if your looking for cheaper ones, I was quoted £165 a tyre! :shock: Used www.BlackCircles.com and got them for about £120, including delivery to loacl garage, fitting, balancing, etc.

Well worth a look for anyone interested! 8)

truffs

mate ive just paid over £80 each for the new Bridgestone Potenza including balancing/fitting/ disposal :lol: and this was at a garage :lol:

smithmi81

can u give me the number for the place where u got your tyres from mate and wht was the spec on them??

truffs

yep:

Headley Tyre Company
Harrow Garage
Newbury Rd
Headly
Newbury
Berks

01635 268384

215/45R17 87WBridgestone Potenzas RE050 TL

£89 each inc VAT fitted/balanced etc

HTH

Splink

Advanced Member
I just bought me 2 uniroyal rainsport 1 tyres to try them out as there was a special offer going on at a garage by me, and they feel fine. Great in the wet, much better than my old yoko's. Really quiet too, and going to give them a little bit of a run in the dry today.

ps2london

Advanced Member
print them out! go to ur local grage to do price match!!! big tyre shop don't do it, they are selling 165 each, but small shop will do it.

http://www.mytyres.co.uk

Potenza RE 050 215/45 R17 87W

Speed W: the speed capability of this tires is up to 168 mph/270 km/h

The perfect tyre for the sporty, demanding driver in wet and dry conditions.
Suitable for a wide range of models, from super sports cars such as the Enzo Ferrari, to popular models like the new Golf.
It offers high performance with a good level of comfort and low noise.
In certain sizes it is available as a runflat.

only £ 87.20 Prices includes postage, packing and VAT within mainland UK.

T666YPR

Definately £87.10 delivered!

" With us only only £ 87.10
Postage and packing costs are included in the price!"

"Bridgestone Potenza RE 050 215/45 R17 87W (So) £87.10 x4 £348.40"

Gaz 1

Advanced Member
I've use michelin pilots in the past and can vouch for them, bit pricey though, but great IMO

mikegsi

Staff member
this question has been asked before but never answered, which are the ones to go for then, 040's or 050's????

i have goodyear f1's on at the mo, dont like them, will be going back to potenza's at my next tyre change

gregb

Advanced Member
Gaz 1 said:
I've use michelin pilots in the past and can vouch for them, bit pricey though, but great IMO
i`ve been offered a set of these at as good price.
do you still vouch for them?
heard nought about them.

aself66

Advanced Member
ive just got some yoko a539s fitted, i can reccomend hard sidewall, grippy as fook and apparently they will last a while.